VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !

Poll: Is the Iphone all glitz and no substance?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. I agree....its too expensive. But I also think $399 is a fair price for an iPod/iPhone...which is where youll see the iPhone pricing this time next year. I can store my entire CD collection on it...use it as a phone...and surf the net.....All with a great UI....why not....

Millions of others feel the same way. Thats how it works in the world...you price a product based on what people are willing to pay for it. There are many things I rather not pay the price on but I want them anyway. I've seen the iPhone commercials and they really just show you how it works....its no different when I go to an Apple store and try it out for myself....I say to myself.."Wow...this thing really does work the same as I 've seen on TV"

I'll gladly pay a little extra for the better, more intuitive UI
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videopoo
    I agree....its too expensive. But I also think $399 is a fair price for an iPod/iPhone...which is where youll see the iPhone pricing this time next year. I can store my entire CD collection on it...use it as a phone...and surf the net.....All with a great UI....why not....

Millions of others feel the same way. Thats how it works in the world...you price a product based on what people are willing to pay for it. There are many things I rather not pay the price on but I want them anyway. I've seen the iPhone commercials and they really just show you how it works....its no different when I go to an Apple store and try it out for myself....I say to myself.."Wow...this thing really does work the same as I 've seen on TV"

It only works that fast if you are on a WiFi network, not AT&T Edge. But then they didn't access a web page in the ad. They just left the impression.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I agree....its too expensive. But I also think $399 is a fair price for an iPod/iPhone...which is where youll see the iPhone pricing this time next year. I can store my entire CD collection on it...use it as a phone...and surf the net.....All with a great UI....why not....

You still don't get it or what is it?

I can store my entire CD collection on it...
    You can do exactly the same on MANY other dumbphones (not to mention much more sophisticated Smartphones and PocketPCs since about year 2000...)

use it as a phone...
    LOL (well, same answer as bove)

and surf the net.....
    LOL (well, same answer as above)

All with a great UI....
    Far from "great", but SIMPLE - yes, for sure
    Although I cannot see how anyone could not be able to use a PocketPC Phone - all it takes is *say* "Play <song name>" and it plays... IMHO its even simpler than fingering IPhone, isn't it?

why not....
    Hahaha, no one can argue such brilliant argument

And lastly:
    There isn't anything more "brilliant" and more "intuitive" than simply *telling* your phone what do, I hope no one would argue that?
    Hence, why didn't you buy i.e. a smartphone?
    No, I don't like them either, but they are definitly (according to what you just said) cheaper and better than that iPhone.
    "Call Home" (dials your assigned number)
    "Call <number>" (obvious)
    "Call <name>" (dials the number of the person if its in your address book; also will ask you back which number you want to call if that person has more than 1 phone number...)
    "Play music" (plays starting from first song in your collection)
    "What calls have I missed?" (displays AND tells you in plain English phone number or name & number of the last missed calls)
    and much more...
    oh, and they come with touchscreen too for your phone-fingering pleasure and MORE (if you'd need that)
    How come no one call those "revolutionary" (because that WAS revolutionary when it came out YEARS AGO)? Is it lack of Apple's PR/marketing?

PS
    This reply has been done on a PocketPC; can you reply to my post using your iPoo (hopefully today if you don't have wifi )
    Quote Quote  
  4. Dude...What's up the Attitude!?!?

No need to be rude on a forum thread...was I rude to you?

Anyway...My point is I'll pay the extra bucks for the UI...that's it...sorry if this upsets you! Thats why Ipods/iPhones stand out..to me anyway....Oh yeah....and millions more dumbshits out there!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Dude...What's up the Attitude!?!?

Anyway...My point is I'll pay the extra bucks for the UI...that's it...sorry if this upsets you!
    Do I look upset to you?!
    Im simply stating obvious facts to arguments in your post, its called *discussion*.
    Where have I been rude to you? Please quote it and I'll apologize!

since you edited:
    Dude...What's up the Attitude!?!?

Anyway...My point is I'll pay the extra bucks for the UI...that's it...sorry if this upsets you! Thats why Ipods/iPhones stand out..to me anyway....Oh yeah....and millions more dumbshits out there!!
    LOL
    iPods market is dwindling rapidly in past 2-3 years, and iPhone is the Apple's desperate try to revive its main income source (because I doubt computers are their main product line anymore)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hahaha, no one can argue such brilliant argument
    You don't find that to be a rather condescending statement?

Anyway....I'm still buying a new Ipod/Iphone when they come down in price

Peace!
    Eric
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DereX888

And lastly:
    There isn't anything more "brilliant" and more "intuitive" than simply *telling* your phone what do, I hope no one would argue that?
    No, I don't like them either, but they are definitly (according to what you just said) cheaper and better than that iPhone.
    "Call <name>" (dials the number of the person if its in your address book; also will ask you back which number you want to call if that person has more than 1 phone number...)
    "What calls have I missed?" (displays AND tells you in plain English phone number or name & number of the last missed calls)
    and much more...
    oh, and they come with touchscreen too for your phone-fingering pleasure and MORE (if you'd need that)
    How come no one call those "revolutionary" (because that WAS revolutionary when it came out YEARS AGO)? Is it lack of Apple's PR/marketing?
    You sound like all the other software engineers expressing disgust that your user interface failed to be understood by the stupid consumers. If it wasn't for all the stupid consumers out there your options would have made you a millionaire by now.

Blame the stupid consumer, not your user interface design.

---
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hahaha, no one can argue such brilliant argument
    You don't find that to be a rather condescending statement?

Anyway....I'm still buying a new Ipod/Iphone when they come down in price

Peace!
    Eric
    well, what else you expect to argument such as
    ...why not....
    to which youre quoting my reply
    It wasn't rude at all. "Condescending"? Neither.
    Sorry, but no apologies are due here

I could have wrote what I thought of it and then I would have to apologize
    But I didn't.

Peace!
    Enjoy your iPhone when you get it.
    I honestly wish you NO disappointment.

Originally Posted by edDV
    Originally Posted by DereX888

And lastly:
    and much more...
    You sound like all the other software engineers expressing disgust that your user interface failed to be understood by the stupid consumers. If it wasn't for all the stupid consumers out there your options would have made you a millionaire by now.

Blame the stupid consumer, not your user interface design.

---
    Far from it. I don't know why would you think I "sound like" one.
    FYI Im disgusted with most of cellphone's designs and UIs (for years Ive been saying that i.e. Voice Commands should have been deafult feature of Msoft OS based smartphones, which some lesser idiot among other idiots at Msoft finally realized it too this year, and added it to Windows Mobile 6.0 - just about 5 years late LOL) but since this thread is about latest Apple's iPoo I'm sticking to it, not other products (unless Im comparing, as in your quote).
    The whole "mobile" industry is a big pile of poo IMHO.
    I wonder whats the SAR data on iPhone (couldn't find it anywhere)
    Quote Quote