VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. We have several .AVI movie files (in Xvid and Divx) and would like the files converted to DVD format and then burned, all in one sequence.

Can u recommend a good all-in-one tool for going from .AVI to a burned DVD? Ideally by default it can handle the appropriate bit quality settings and aspect ratios. DVD menu authoring is not a requirement.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  3. SVCD2DVD will also do this... in fact it uses the same encoder as convertxtodvd but arguably is easier to use and outputs at better quality...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hello people. I am Alex from Greece - I know I'm writing late but this thing realy drove me crazy- and I beg for some help. Well here is my problem. I have a movie (AVI format) and the subtitles (srt). They are both named exactly the same so that I can play the movie in GOM player.Well now I would like to copy the AVI and subtitles into a DVD so that I can watch the movie playing with the subs on my desktop DVD player. I would also like to create a menu, just like real DVD's. So I am looking for a freeware programm (or more programms) that could do all these things. Please guys help me. Any kind of help would be OK. I would prefer it if you could give me full details about the operations i have to follow and how the programm(s) work. Thank you in advance...

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ConvertXtoDVD is the best program for this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ConvertXtoDVD is trialware that will cost $40. If you want free, try Super, set it to VOB DVD Compliant where it says select output container, use the defaults that it gives (for now) and burn with Imgburn. Not quite one step but 2 and very easy.
    I love children, girl children... about 16-40
    W.C. Fields
    Quote Quote  
  7. I have also AVI2DVD. Where can I find some instructions for these programms because I am quite new at this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You have to use your search tool! There is a guide right here in this site if you look for it.
    W.C. Fields
    Quote Quote  
  9. Another problem. I don't know which dvd disc media are compatible for Nec 7173 Labelflash. I know for sure that Intenso are compatible. But they are sold in a few shops. Anything more common;
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I only recommend TY's or Verbatim period, everything else is spotty at best and complete crap most of the time.
    W.C. Fields
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by alvasilias
    I have also AVI2DVD. Where can I find some instructions for these programms because I am quite new at this.
    Avi2Dvd produces excellent results (it will take awhile). Use the HCenc encoder set to 'Best'. There are a few quirks, rename the input file to one word.

Take some time and learn to use it.

http://www.trustfm.net/divx/GuideAvi2Svcd.html

http://www.trustfm.net/phpBB2/
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by quantass
    We have several .AVI movie files (in Xvid and Divx) and would like the files converted to DVD format and then burned, all in one sequence.

Can u recommend a good all-in-one tool for going from .AVI to a burned DVD? Ideally by default it can handle the appropriate bit quality settings and aspect ratios. DVD menu authoring is not a requirement.

Thanks
    Other freeware solutions:

DVDFlick can do all of the above in one sequence. FAVC will give the best results IMO. The burning part you have to do manually, although all you have to do is just do a single click to start the burning process.
    Quote Quote