VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have some dts dvd collection which is having X-rated scenes.
    I need to edit them and make a “clean” dvd by re-authoring, which we can
    Watch all family members together without hesitation ( including kids)-
    so how can I edit them keeping Multi audio (dts,dolby digital together)

Thanks

Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Shrink in reauthoring mode. But you will lose the menus but you can keep all audio tracks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for you quick response.

DVD Shrink doesn't have editing capabilities, I need to cut edit video (remove some x-rated scenes from the video and re-save them) by keeping both audio (dts and dolby digital) normally video editing software doesn't have capabilities of re-saving multiple audios ..thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVDRemake Pro can do almost anything (with some experience). You can even split cells at desired point to remove (hide or delete) video fragments. Not as simple as re-authoring but keeps all original streams and menus (also editable). Allows to combine material from different DVDs (by title sets, program chains etc.) and even author manually from scratch if necessary. It is actually much more than it shows in its own help file and custom guides.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by live4fun
    Thanks for you quick response.

DVD Shrink doesn't have editing capabilities, I need to cut edit video (remove some x-rated scenes from the video and re-save them) by keeping both audio (dts and dolby digital) normally video editing software doesn't have capabilities of re-saving multiple audios ..thanks
    Use the reauthoring, see guide in the post above.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everybody,

sorry for the late response.

I have tried to cut edit using remake Pro on my friend's pc..it seems to be dificult as
    when we split cell and hide one part the other part of cell also missing when finish re-authoring.(some times I need to cut few seconds only from the video OR from one big cell)

Let me try DVD shrink today. any other commercial editor ( easy to use) can u suggest?

Thanks
    [/img]
    Quote Quote  
  7. VobBlanker (freeware) can do the job. You can make as many cuts as you like, but only one per cell. If you need to make more than one cut per cell, you'll have to process it with the one cut, before going back to do it again.

Open the DVD in VobBlanker, highlight the video you'll be working with so it appears in the lower screen, highlight it in the lower screen, and hit "Cells" to the right. In the new screen, highlight the cell you want to cut a piece from, hit "Prev/Cut" to the right, and cut where you want. It's pretty self-explanatory, but there's a lot more information in the included help file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by live4fun

I have tried to cut edit using remake Pro on my friend's pc..it seems to be difficult as
    when we split cell and hide one part the other part of cell also missing when finish re-authoring.(some times I need to cut few seconds only from the video OR from one big cell)
    I've just tested it and couldn't find any bug (v.3.5.3), everything not hidden is in its place after test export.
    You can even split a cell the desired number of times without a problem. Then you can hide any block created by splitting. No frame accuracy of course (splitting is performed by VOB units).
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi everybody,

I tried DVDshrink in author mode but it has only triming option,
    not cut edit.

vob blanker has option and we can edit one part per cell.
    Can’t do more than one edit per cell and not easy to learn also.

it seems to that DVDRemake could only perform better and I have to behind
    that software only.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try the demo version of VideoRedo or Womble Mpeg Wizard. If you have a few to do then they may be a good investment.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote