VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Few days ago i gotten around 40 music videos and i figured i recode them all.

Using Super! i recoded them all with the following settings:
    Video: H.264/AVC 320x240 768kbps
    Audio: AAC 48000 2Channels 160kbps

36 of them gave no problem at all but one gave an error message when trying to sync it to my Ipod i was hoping one of you could help me out by giving me the reason (or possible causes).

As to ease up the process i uploaded the encoded video to rapidshare (as its a musicvideo i dont think it should give any real copyright problems right? if it does feel free to remove the link).
    http://rapidshare.com/files/39264079/Rihanna_-_Umbrella.mp4

Also the error message iTunes gives is simply along the lines off: 'The object Umbrella is not copied to the ipod because it cannot be played on the ipod.'
    Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    Just a guess but 160kbps is the maximum audio bitrate for iPod compliance, perhaps the encoder overshot the audio bitrate, can you try re-encoding with audio at 128kbps and see if it works? IMO 160kbps is excessive anyway, 112 or 128 is plenty. Just a guess though.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nope after recoding it to 128 audio it still gives the same error message.

And maybe it matters dont know really but i forgot to mention, the original is a .mov file wich if loaded into iTunes won't sync either.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Converted using itunes

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    edit:
    heh stupid that i didnt try that first altho im still stumbled as to why this one wont work while the codec and settings originally used are entirely compatible and all the other files i converted in that batch get synced without a problem.

Anyways, thanks for the tip
    Quote Quote