VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I use ConvertXToDVD (2.2.1.253) to convert ts files into DVD. Pretty often, while ConvertXToDVD starts conversion, it produces a warning: Error while decoding stream #0.0

The resulting first frames are frozen. It is just a still picture. Further on, everything goes fine.

How to fix the problem?

Also, sometimes the resulting DVD has no audio though ts played with MPC sounded perfectly well. Is it possible to fix?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i've found that most encoders have an easier time if you convert the .ts files to mpg first. try using something like HDTVtoMPEG2.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you!

I tried it already. It work really fine too but I do not know how to handle the resulting MPEG2 files.

I tried Procoder but it starts conversion and crashes after first 10 seconds.

I tried TSUNAMI MPEG Authring but it does not accept such MPEG2 files (high resolution and other stuff).

So, I just do not know what to do with them. I would appreciate your advice. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you might update convertx to the latest 2.2.3 - it is supposed to handle HD ok.

cyberlink's powerdirector is a swiss army knife that can convert from most to most formats, with adjustable audio/video bitrates. it works with hd mpg ok.

procoder you probably need to update to procoder3.

tsunami mpeg, i think was discontinued so you may need to get TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress if you like their products.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks a lot.
    Quote Quote