VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I need some help, Im tring to purchase a miniDV camcorder to us for personal but be able to shoot some good quality that i can make tv commericals (etc..) Now, I need it to have an RCA (anaglog connection) for pass through so i can capture some home videos as well...

Can any1 tell me what will be the best camcorder for me...

Thanks
    DigitalGuard
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For TV commercials, Sony PD-170.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Lets say little lower then that I will most likely end up buying that, as second option, but for now im looking for something my wife can use to take videos on our travel, and I can use as much as possible for quality...

Something I would say more from consumer side of the products, not professional side...

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I been looking arround, I came to see the Sony HandycamŽ HDR-HC7... Any suggestions on this?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I want it on the camera, I need to buy a good camera.... so i prefer on the camera....

also.. can any 1 give suggestion between this two...
    Canon High-Definition Camcorder (HV20)
    Sony Handycam Camcorder (HDR-HC7)
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have the HV10 and its been a great camera. I am looking to buy the HV20, but for $60 are you sure you want to put the wear and tear on your camcorder? I do a lot of video editing with Avid Liquid edition so I have a Pinnacle Movie Box Deluxe and an ADS Pyro AV link for my analog to digital conversion. Not to mention that these boxes also give you live preview from Pinnacle Studio and Avid Liquid.

I have also found that the analog to digital conversion through cameras are not always reliable. They are not quite as forgiving depending on your source video.

Lastly, I have noticed that Circuit city no longer has the HV20 nor does Costco. I know that it was just released in April, but with both these companies no longer carrying stock on it leads me to believe that the HV30 is coming. I have seen the HV20 as low as $898 from Dell and from Circuit City at one time. The HV10 has been a great camcorder, though I like the HV20's specs a little better not to mention the tape loads from the top which is better for tripod use. The 24P feature is limited but still a nice feature for a consumer camera.

Anyhow, good luck with your decision.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good point on the wear and tear part, Okay For MAC user, I use FCP, to edit & capture, will that 60 captureing device work on MAC
    Quote Quote  
  8. It should, but you may want to go to the adstech web page and check for sure. It is a firewire device, it works just like a camcorder would via firewire for me, but I don't use a mac.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I checked it out, its talking only about PC, no MAC, do you know any products like that for mac?
    Quote Quote  
  10. That is a bummer. I use the ADS Pyro AV Link which is PC and Mac compatable. It is more expensive, but it is firewire plug it supports Component Input, Output, svideo input output and analog in and out.

http://www.adstech.com/products/API-557-EFS/intro/api557_intro.asp?pid=API-557-EFS
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thats actually perfect, I was found something which is more expensive but didn't hear good stuff on, I will actually buy this ..

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I actually found the 558 model for 135 @ b&h...

which is a good deal.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=cart_accessories&A=details&Q=&sku=462758&is=REG

Thanks Again
    Quote Quote