VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

My camcorder produces MTS files (it's Sony HDR-SR7).
    The utility that came with it can create AVCHD DVDs, but not very well (there is a pause between each sequesnce).

How can I join MST files without recompression ? (with recompression I can use Pinnacle Studio 11.1 beta)

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Lotsa them -

Tssplitter also joins nicely. You might have to rename the extensions to .TS, but maybe not.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for your replies.
    I tried VideoReDoPlus-2-5-6 but it's unable to open the files.

I has success with TSSplitter, HOWEVER when I play the join file, there is a 3 seconds pause between sequences....

Is there another tool that I can try? Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been looking around and am currently very happy with Elecard's Converter Studio AVC HD. Very fast and easy. Instructions are in this thread: http://www.elecard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2011&highlight=join+avchd+files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just tried it with TsMuxer on some AVCHD clips from a Canon HG10. You'll need to rename the extention to "m2ts" and use the "Append" to join them. Output to m2ts and they will play fine with no delay.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    WHen I use Converter Studio AVC HD, I don't need to rename anything. It reads either .m2ts or .mts.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Whoops, wrong thread. Sorry
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Elecard's Converter Studio AVC HD did not join properly (output has audio but video is black)

TSMuxer seems to work, thank you for your message (I only tried with 2 files)

I will try with a few hundred files and check how it works
    Quote Quote  
  9. cmichel04,

It has been a while since your post but have you had any luck with Tsmuxer with MANY files? I tried it with 10 files. The video was good but the audio had a delay at the end.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Yesterday, when I searched "join mts" in Google Video, I found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFuTXq92IR8

The video shows how to join mts files with Tsmuxer and eac3to and the description says that eac3to is used to solve Tsmuxer's audio out-of-sync problem.

I followed the method described in the video and it worked -- I used this method to join 10 mts files and there was no audio delay at the end.

The method is a bit complicated though. Does anyone know other simpler and free ways of joining mts files?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Sunny -

I found multiAVCHD as a free software to join MTS. The only weird thing I've found is you have to put the videos you want to join into a folder by themselves - then select Join MTS, point it to the folder, and it will let you choose to join using tsdemux or eac3to.
    Quote Quote