VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a sony camera that I recently bought and I have to edit a few videos of some weddings, tourneys and a few other things to get into practices on editing. Problem is that my pc(I build it myself, don't like prebuilt) will give me the indication when I plug the usb cord in it makes the sound as if it reconizes it but doesn't reconize the hub when I plugs it in. It also doesn't reconize the video that is being feed out from my camera but yes my laptop does, I don't know what it can be and why it is doing that, hopefully you guys can help me with this. I am using Canopus and Sony Vegas7 for software editing also, hope I explain it where someone can help out with this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would try using DV/Firewire for transferring video to the PC. Much more reliable than USB, and unless you have a camera that transfers DV over USB, much higher quality.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Much thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Q: doesn't reconize the hub when I plugs it in

Are you saying your plugging the camera into a usb hub that is connected to the pc ?

If so , dont do it that way ... hubs and usb devices dont always work well together .

My hdtv usb receiver works fine connected directly to the pc ... but add a usb hub ... it can detect the device ... and thats as far as it gose ... useless .

However , my avertv usb2 capture device will work via the powered hub .

----

If the camera is connecting directly to desktop , did you install the package software from the cd that came with the camera onto this pc ... easy thing to overlook .

Also check asus for updates related to your motherboard , bios especially ... theres been quite a few very unhappy customers when it comes to usb on that board .

Do a search by google on motherboard model , and chipset used , may also dig up other help links .

----

What turned up form google on aus p4p800 - some reading that might help

http://hardware.mcse.ms/archive69-2004-9-86080.html < really worth reading , might give an idea to sorting issue .
    Quote Quote