VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I understand the need for film pull down but I noticed it's part of the default settings. When you check this box, does it check the film to see if it needs this adjustment or does it do it to every file you run through the program?

After just purchasing this product last night, I find the menu's very difficult to use. I have been using TMPGE Author for years and am accustom to the default background and configuration staying constant. It seems like I have to reset this one for each movie. Am I doing something wrong? I also can't figure out how to get a chapter preview so you can see where in the fils you left off?

I would also like to see a wizard that will take a loook at the file then ask you how you want it as you work through it. I can't figure out how to use batch encoding? When ever I add multiple files it tries to stick them all on the same disc. Can we do batch encode? I also would like to see better use of the right click menu and see my standard menu and chapters automatically go on every disc unless I say not to.

Lastly, fairly good job. I've been doing things the old way for so long (VDUB, TMPGE etc...) it will take a little getting used to automation. I'll stay open minded but thanks for the proggy...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Pulldown is applied as needed (when checked).
    The menu system is one of the easiest out there, in using many other programs for DVD authoring, i can assure you that there are many more difficult ways of doing it.
    There is no batch encoding for DVD creation, only for multiple file processing. There is no chapter preview.
    Chapter settings will remain constant if you save them that way, make sure you are not choosing "for this project only" when you make settings changes.
    Dwight

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Easy? Possibly, I can't figure out the audio part. I do better with written instructions than with a video. I have severe ADD and tend to spaz on instructional videos. Like TMPGE DVD Aurthor I would like it to take a 15 second or however long it is audio sample from the actual movie. I also really miss the preview. My thing is war flicks and often because of time, I queue up a movie and go right to the action scenes. Currently I am moving all the old home CAM movies to DVD. It'd be nice to go directly to the scene or shot I talked everyone into watching and the previews made that a lot easier. I hope you guys can work the preview in a future release.

My real gripe with the menu is it doesn't retain a default format and background. I have to select my background (again), then move the title and play button into position on each movie. I would like to see it retain my standard "Menu" and toss it in as default unless I say otherwise.

Batch would be nice so I could set a days worth for formatting before I leave for work then return and just burn them onto disc. I have a lot of home movies to digitize.

EDIT: Also, how do I remove the play all button once I've accidently put it on the slide?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Play All: Just click Play All to add/remove it.

Default menu: Either set your default background and/or audio for menus in the settings. Or start the program, set up the menu as you see fit and save the project. Then load this project each time as your default.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Just click the 'Play All' button again and it should be removed (that's one I just learned myself).

Menu audio needs to be a separate file that you have on hand or extract from the movie. I haven't added audio to a menu in a long while, so I can't really add any more detail than that.

As to some of your other thoughts, I see where you're coming from and I think a lot of those are actually planned for a future major release.

[edit]-once again ChrissyBoy beats me to the punch...
    Dwight

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote