VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Well I looked at the media comparison chart but it didn't seem to be very helpful. I have a computer capable of burning DVD-R 4.7GB, DVD-RW 4.7GB, and DVD+R DL 8.5GB discs. I have yet to try the 8.5GB feature, but I'd like to use it soon, and I need some advice.

So my question to everyone here is, what do you consider to be the "best," meaning Highest Quality, Longest-Lasting, Most Compatible etc.,etc. DVD+R DL Disc for authoring DVD-Video onto? I'm looking for discs I can "print" in my Epson R200, but I have no idea where to begin. With the DVD-R discs, it's always been Taiyo Yuden for me although I used to hear good things about Ritek and Verbatim too, however, as I don't own any DVD+R DL discs, I'd appreciate any help possible in selecting a brand to purchase. Basically I'm trying to avoid the CMC/Princo type of disaster I had with Memorex DVD-Rs early on, and purchase reliable DVD+R DL discs from the get-go.

Any help would be appreciated. Also, has anybody created "printable" BD-R or HD DVD-Rs yet, or are they still awhile off. And Finally, why has nobody added any of the HD DVD-R media that's available to the compatibility chart -- I saw a few BD-Rs, but nothing was listed under the HD DVD-R searchs.

Again any help is appreciated, right now I'm focusing on DVD+R DL since I don't see many DVD-R DL capable burners, drives, or players and I don't feel like upgrading, nor am I ready to switch to HD just yet, at least not for disc authoring. As always, any and all help is appreciated, especially from people who burn a lot of DVD+R DL discs. Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.supermediastore.com/verbatim-double-layer-dvd-plus-r-white-inkjet-printable...23-20pack.html

Verbatim DL inkjet printable = $ 2.80 ea.

http://www.supermediastore.com/ritek-double-layer-dvd-plus-r-dl-white-inkjet-printable-25-pack.html

Ritek DL inkjet printable = $2.00 ea.

Its your money

me, I'd go for the Verbatims - or reduce the filesize
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DL media? Get Verbatim. Everything else is crap.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well,

LS and I are in complete agreement!
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote