VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17
FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Well, this solution can exist only on a very controlled market.
    On Southeast Europe, the place I'm located, it is impossible to have a controlled market: We have Asians on the East, West Europeans on the west, East Europeans on the North, Middle Easters in the South.
    It is not about competition here (after all, there are the same companies), but distribution channels: For example, if you choose to buy from the West Europeans, you pay 20% more and you expect better quality. If you buy from Asian, you pay 35% less and you expect to replace it just the time the warranty ends.
    La Linea by Osvaldo Cavandoli
    Quote Quote  
  2. The title can now changes to : Walmart also chooses Blu-ray, and the war is over.

Note : I am expecting reduced DVD prices.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Looks like the final nail in the coffin for HD-DVD supporters. Maybe your HD players will be worth something in 20- 30 years or you can donate them to a museum to be placed next to the old betamax players. I wonder if Microsoft will stick with HD with their XBOX system???

Toshiba may end its HD DVD video business

http://www.cnn.com/2008/BUSINESS/02/18/toshiba.hddvd.ap/index.htm
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You beat me to it!

Well, it's nice to see that Sony is on the up-trend. Consider it justice for having Beta cut down.

I thought that the writing was on the wall when I saw HD-DVD player prices slashed. It seemed pretty quick to me at the time, but now it makes complete sense (read the above article for why).
    "What? Huh?!? WHAT will come out no more?!?" Jack Burton -- BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hollywood video which is block busters competition around here is also getting rid of HD-DVD and have them for 10.00 ea.
    People who love sausage and respect the law should never watch either of them being made.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by plcpower
    Hollywood video which is block busters competition around here is also getting rid of HD-DVD and have them for 10.00 ea.
    Just think, in 2058 these will be collector's items.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by edDV
    But nobody will be able to watch them!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, does anybody know if 8-track made it or not?

You can almost hear Hollywood Video screaming, "Run to the hills! The hills!!"
    "What? Huh?!? WHAT will come out no more?!?" Jack Burton -- BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Old Johnnie See De Vorak ( ) also came to few good conclusions lately:

"As you will discover by the time you finish reading this,
    I am convinced that
    this whole thing was a Microsoft scheme to mess with Sony.
    There was probably never any real intent to make the HD DVD standard stick, ever."

John C. Dvorak "R.I.P. HD DVD"

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

BTW, I saw a whole pile of HD-DVD players at Costco going for $79.99. It appeared that perhaps two were taken off the pile, but it was a PRETTY BIG PILE....

I'm just hoping that Universal was burned with a loss, though. My handicapped daughter had a rotten experience with Universal Studios and I would be sitting back grinning like a fool if Universal was hit with a couple million in losses. I wonder if they're setting any fires yet.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wish we could get some deals like that down here. I'm afraid they will end up as landfill
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by jagabo
    Originally Posted by edDV
    But nobody will be able to watch them!
    Collector items don't get play. Remember Toy story ? They get into glass cases, pronto !
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hooray for reduced dvd prices!! I didn't know that the HD DVDS went down because of PS3's blue ray player. That's incredible. That's a economic market for yah. I feel sorry for everyone who invested their money into HD DVDS. Sad Story.
    Quote Quote