VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am having VirtualDub crash on me when I try to open Huffyuv AVIs. Does anyone know how to uninstall it? When I go to uninstall it, Windows Control Panel says there has been an error and asks me if I want to remove it from the Add/Remove programs, so Im totally stuck.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Go to c:\Windows\System32 and delete HUFFYUV.DLL. You may need to do it right after booting (before any program has used it).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you. Is that all I need to do? Because I think I did this before, reinstalled it, but still had the same error (VDub crashing).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Do I do these things after removing the .DLL file?
    Quote Quote  
  5. OK, Ive removed the DLL from Sys32 folder, and the config file from Windows director. However, MMView is still showing the codec.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Even though the dll is gone, the registry settings that indicates what codec to use for the HFYU fourcc is still there. I don't know MMView -- does it let you remove the registry entry? If not you can use Filmerit or FilterManager to remove the registry entry.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Well I installed an older Huffyuv codec after installed ffdshow and now all is working. I would still like to know what caused it in the first place!

Thanks to all.
    Quote Quote