VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I asked this question before, but no one was able to get an answer then, so I'm trying again. Is there any way to rip a DVD to my hard drive, and play the IFO's/BUP's directly from my drive in Media Center (I have Vista Ultimate)? This way I don't have to convert hem to WMV or MPEG format and waste more time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure but maybe VCL player can be used.

http://www.videolan.org/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MyMovies is a Media Center add-in application that can do just that, however I don't think there's a release for Vista yet. It works in conjunction with DaemonTools and mounts the ripped ISO for playback in Media Center. You had to set up every ISO outside of Media Center first but it had neat features like pulling movie info from IMDB so you could browse by covers in Media Center.

Go over to www.thegreenbutton.com and see if they've got a new release or similar options for Vista.
    FB-DIMM are the real cause of global warming
    Quote Quote  
  4. Some DVDS are protected,which can't be copied. I think only those DVD clone tools which can crack protected algorithm can solve this problem. Suggest you search "DVD crack tools".

Good luck
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Fortunately ripping your entire DVD collection to ISO files for use with your computer is likely not violating any copyright laws so using DVD Decrypter for this purpose is legit. I ripped most of my DVD collection to my storage array for use with Media Center (using that MyMovies app like I mentioned) to mount the images for playback. I have two places I live and I'd rather not have to lug DVDs back and forth between them or forget one at the other place.
    FB-DIMM are the real cause of global warming
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mattwillis4
    I asked this question before, but no one was able to get an answer then, so I'm trying again. Is there any way to rip a DVD to my hard drive, and play the IFO's/BUP's directly from my drive in Media Center (I have Vista Ultimate)? This way I don't have to convert hem to WMV or MPEG format and waste more time.
    Yes there is - i have it set up.... I will try to remember how it was done and post the info...
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok it was something along these lines:

You ideally would have a folder lets say called "DVDs" on your hard drive in which you would have a folder per movie and in those sub folders you would have your VIDEO_TS folder containing the ripped ifos & vobs etc...

Then visit:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930526

i.e:
    For the registry change:
    Registry key -
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Media Center\Settings\DvdSettings
    Registry value - ShowGallery
    Registry value data type - REG_SZ
    Registry value data - Gallery = enable My DVDs; Play = do not enable My DVDs

By default, the registry value data is "Play", you would want to switch that value to "Gallery"

After doing that and rebooting go into the DVD library and right click and add your DVDs folder the the list of watched folders.

All that is off the top of my head - but that is it in principle. If you need further instructions i can give it to you once i am in front of the Vista PC.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Sweet. Thanks for the gallery info. Now i just need to know how to add movie poster art and movie info to the ripped DVDs.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I know this thread is old, but I have just released a new version of my freeware tool, MediaCenter Jukebox, which is a Win7 MediaCenter plugin that does exactly this, plays ISO discs (dvds and blurays), avis, mkvs and dvd folders, with image covers and synopsis.

The address is http://sourceforge.net/projects/mcjukebox/

Tks!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by mattwillis4
    Sweet. Thanks for the gallery info. Now i just need to know how to add movie poster art and movie info to the ripped DVDs.
    This should be possible. Each DVD would need to go in it's own folder along with a DVDXML file. They can be found here:

http://www.dvdxml.com

The XML file contains all the information necessary for VMC to download covers and other info for each movie.

EDIT: LMAO, I just noticed how old this thread is...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by htensfeld
    Hi,
    I know this thread is old, but I have just released a new version of my freeware tool, MediaCenter Jukebox, which is a Win7 MediaCenter plugin that does exactly this, plays ISO discs (dvds and blurays), avis, mkvs and dvd folders, with image covers and synopsis.

The address is http://sourceforge.net/projects/mcjukebox/

Tks!
    Does it integrate w/ PowerDVD8?

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote