VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all -

I have been running into issues of late with AutoGK's handling of angles. For instance, in my attempt to back up my DVD of Mallrats, I ripped with RipIt4Me and then let FixVTS do its thing. In AutoGK, I selected Angle #1 (there were two listed; I believe the second one integrates some of the cast sitting around a table recording their commentary audio track). When I play back the outputted file, I see the file was encoded such that it plays back about a second of 1 angle, followed by the same second of the other angle, then back to the 1st angle for another second, etc etc. I had the same thing happen with the DVD for "Closer" (two angles; one had on-screen text appear in English, the other in French). I tried telling RipIt4Me to only rip the first angle, but AutoGK still flubs it - in place of the little snippets of angle #2, it just shows a blank gray screen.

Anyone else run into this? Anyone aware of how to avoid / fix it?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. P.S. the version of AutoGK I am using is v2.40.

THanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If nothing else, try a different tool like avi.net
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the tip - - in the meantime, has anyone else encountered this??? If so, any successful resolution? I'm open to using new tools, but aside from this recent issue, I have always loved AutoGK and don't want to give up on it just yet.

I'm also curious about how avi.NET will handle task, since pgc.NET went on and on about how it sees multiple PGCs when present and gives you the option to choose whichever one you want. Well, pgc.NET did NOT see the multiple present PGCs in the Mallrats disc.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've run into this problem before with multi-angle DVDs. DVD Decrypter apparently has problems with multi-angle titles; even though it gives you the option to rip only one angle, this does not always prevent the out-of-sync problem. It effects Ripit4me through its use of DVD Decrypter.

There used to be a guide on Digital Digest that I followed which allowed me to fix the problem. Unfortunately, when I just checked the link to it, it was gone. I guess it got flushed in the aftermath of the Ripit4me thing.

Fortunately, I had a saved copy. I don't think it's breaking any rules to post it, but if it is then please take it down.

I made an 8-bit png out of it but it's still about 320KB.

The procedure you want begins under "Question 2" with the words: "Okay the first step would be decrypt...". There are pictures to guide you through all the steps. Once you get your new folder, just run it through AutoGK as usual. This method has always worked for me (though I've only used it a few times). You'll need IfoEdit. I have used it both on AnyDVD/DVD Decrypter (file mode) rips and once on a rip from Ripit4me in "Full DVD" mode.

And here it is:
    Quote Quote  
  6. Wow...I really appreciate you going through all this effort to help me out! I will give it a whirl and post the results. Right now the file is encoding in this avi.NET the first replier told me about so we'll see how that goes as well.

THANKS!!

Brian Mc
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks for the tip - - in the meantime, has anyone else encountered this???
    It's a well known issue. The included tutorial mentions it:
    Note that AutoGK cannot work properly on a vobset that still has multiple angles/program chains, so make sure to use appropriate tools to prepare the vobset.
    http://www.autogk.me.uk/modules.php?name=TutorialEN#5

As mentioned in the previous post, use DVD Decrypter in IFO Mode (not the default) and choose the angle you want. Ignore all that other stuff from that guide above.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by briansmccabe
    Wow...I really appreciate you going through all this effort to help me out! I will give it a whirl and post the results. Right now the file is encoding in this avi.NET the first replier told me about so we'll see how that goes as well.

THANKS!!

Brian Mc
    Well, I wound up just cancelling the avi.NET encoding process because I was more eager to see how the IOFedit-ized rip would work in AutoGK.

I am pleased to share with you that it worked perfectly! Thanks again for all your help!
    Quote Quote