Hello everyone,

I have done (S)VCD to DVD many times, but the first time ever I try to combine a VCD-mpg (elementary streams) with corresponding subs - mostly use DVDlab Pro.

The problem:
Compilation and result work/are fine, but although I have let DVDlab Pro render the subs more than once, altogether have tried at least 4-5 times re-doing all of it from scratch - even re-installed DVDlab - the subs are NOT there, when I play the DVD on my PC.

With Subtitle Workshop there are no overlap-errors in the subs-file, I can play them fine with mpeg-file+DirectVobSub enabled.

I even turned off DirectVobSub's auto-load function - nothing. I tried authoring with GUIforDVDAuthor, the subs are there, after DVD is compiled(!), but rather crappy and completely wrong position... How is it possible, is there any restriction in DVDlab Pro in connection with mpeg1+subs...?

Help please....!

EDIT: I'd prefer to use DVDlab Pro, since the subtitle-renderer is almost the best among reasonably priced s/w, at the same time offering good results with not too much time and effort to spend. EDIT