VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, a week ago i bought a brand new Sharp DV-SV90S who is not moltiregioned. Now it is on Region 2 so could any1 help me find this hack? cuz this hack what was in this website wasnt helpful.Waiting for help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not all players can be made region free. Why did you buy a region 2 player if you wanted a region free?

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    didnt know i don't know wery much about this regions when i bought it i wanted to play a DVD from my pc and it didnt readed it.my friend electronic told that i must make it multiregioned and told me to search the net for hacks and i didnt found so i thinked that any1 will tell me how to hack it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What's "a DVD from my PC"? A home made Video DVD on DVD-R (or other recoirdable DVD media)? If so, it's with 99.999% certainty region free, and the reason why it wont play is something else.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well,i don't know how to explain it but when i load my player and press "menu 1 3 5 7" it shows that now i'm in region:L but i want to make it Multiregioned .That;s what i need.and the DVD from my pc was a downloaded Torrent so i writed it to a DVD disk and inserted it to my DVD player and it was reading and reading it and a board appeared with a folder ROOT\ ...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by PhyRo
    the DVD from my pc was a downloaded Torrent so i writed it to a DVD disk and inserted it to my DVD player and it was reading and reading it and a board appeared with a folder ROOT\
    Assuming we're not talking about a pirated commercial DVD here:
    1000 to one the downloaded DVD is region free. Your problem is not region coding. The fact you see a "ROOT\" tells me your player is seeing the disk as a data disk, not a Video DVD disk. What exactly did you DL - an ISO or what? How did you write these to disk? What do you see on the disk when you open it in Windows Explorer?

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded a lot of .iso files and extracted the first 1. then i burned it with Nero 7 >make video DVD and then putted in my DVD player. and it throws out a window with ROOT\ . Also , when i tried to find a multiregion hack in this website i found this https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/sharp-dv-sv90s/7076 . It's a region code hack.I downloaded that file and did everything like it was in the instructions. i wrote a file "C2M3AWRP.rom" . But! when i inserted the disk (CD) it showed the same window with ROOT\ ... but in the instructions its writen "4. After burning process is completed, place the update CD into the DVD tray and press play button.

Wait to see the update process steps as shown below. When the sw. Update is completed unit will switch itself to standby mode. "
    so i dont know what's the problem.
    Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by PhyRo
    I downloaded a lot of .iso files and extracted the first 1. then i burned it with Nero 7 >make video DVD
    That's your problem. Just burn the ISO to DVD with ImgBurn. Forget about the region free hack for now. It's not your problem in this case.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks a lot. i Dont know will it work but i'll try it right away
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Damn it.when i insert the written dvd with the movie it reads it and then writes "Wrong Region" ...what should i do? I Told You that its not Multiregioned..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I bet that means "Wrong TV System". Nothing you can do about that, besides doing a TV system conversion of your DVD. Many players seem to display the generic "Wrong Region" when in fact they are actually complaining about a PAL/NTSC issue. (Your player is NTSC and the DVD is PAL or the other way around.)
    May I again add, that only (or close enough to only) commercial pressed DVDs have region code protection.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    NTSC and PAL are color systems and they dont have do to anything wiht the DVD reading.I use PAL (Europe) . But if i will put NTSC it will show the image in black & white ,but that doesn't got anything wiht the DVD (as i told) My Friend says i still have to make it multiregion , or it will still not work at all...
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey so Maybe anyone found how to make this player multiregioned? please anyone help ;\\
    Quote Quote