VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just bought this DVD player model RCA DRC350 and I need a multiregion hack.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Despite the belief by many that every single brand of DVD player available can be made region free by a simple "software hack", yours is proof that such is not true. No hacks have been reported for your player anywhere on the internet, but you may know that already. My advice to anyone is to see if their player can be made region free BEFORE buying it rather than just assuming any player can be made region free after buying it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your reply.
    Actually I found these combinations for an DRC350N.
    Prom option is:
    55 53 01 4e 12 f2 14 00
    How can i use these hacks and where do i put it in?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    That's really interesting because I searched on Google and found several people asking the same question as you, but zero answers.

"Prom option" sounds ominous to me. I think that means you have to replace the prom on your unit, which I'm pretty sure you are not going to want to do. I speak from experience when I warn you that if you replace a prom unit and you break off a pin, the prom is toast. This will require you to open the unit, which will no doubt void the warranty, and replace a hardware part of it.
    If you do anything wrong, which is possible, the player won't work anymore.

I think what you are looking for is some code you can enter with a remote control. That is not the information you have found.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I actually found these codes on Video help.com in a message from 2003.
    Do you know how to replace the prom on the unit?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. PROM = programmable read only memory. It's a chip which has to be programmed with special equipment. It will be much cheaper and easier for you to buy another unit which is multiregion hackable.
    Quote Quote