VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I recently discovered that certain DVDs may have "unreferenced material" of interest.

Question is, where is "unreferenced material" located on DVDs and how can I access it on my eMac?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One way is to use VLC to play through the VOBs in the VIDEO_TS folder on the DVD. I did that on my Zoolander DVD and found a hidden feature. The disk was written to skip the particular VOB when played in a conventional player. Good luck!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I recently found such a thing on DVD at making a 2DVDR backup of DVD9 (even on both DVDs from a double set). Still don't know whether it had been done intentionally; some extras were neither linked to menu nor played after other material. I'm not a MAC user, only know how to correct this on PC without re-authoring (there are DVDRemake and free PGCEdit). Basically, any compatible material present in existing VTS's can be first organized into program chains (if not yet), then those PGC's should be assigned to new VTS titles and those registered as new VMG titles (if not yet) in video manager. Then navigation can be added (through VMG PGC' pre-commands and post-commands of PGCs in VTS). e.g. to play that material in the end. Manual work, but DVDRemake allows this.
    You can only find unreferenced things by exploring VOBs directly (not through ifo's).
    Quote Quote