VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone, this is my first post and I wanted to say thanks for all the great advice. I have followed the recommendations of this forum and digitalfaq and purchased Taiyo Yuden DVD-R. I am burning with my standalone DVD recorder Samsung VR-357. I will be transferring various VHS tapes to DVD, plus offloading TV shows that I want to keep from my MOXI CableTV hard drive. I think the taiyo’s should not only perform well, but last for sometime. Let’s say I pull out a VHS to DVD-R transfer to play in 5 years I think (hope) it will play. I can’t wait for standalone hd-dvd-r or bd-r recorders so that I can record the High-def TV shows that I record. If I record in HD with my MOXI cable hard drive and knock it down to 480i it actually looks cleaner than if I record from a SD station from cable. Recording in HD is going to be awesome, but I think it will be awhile before it is really affordable. Anyway I’ll post my experience with Taiyo DVDs when they arrive. Thanks for your help. I am looking forward to getting rid of these VHS tapes!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Good to hear you've gotten some help. Good luck on all your projects.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  4. casual-dvduser, also welcome to VH.
    I think you made a good choice with Taiyo Yudens. The 8X G02's are my favorites for any type of recording I do including the ones you refer to. My standalone Pioneer 640 loves them in High Speed recording. Also they work and look good converting VHS to DVD.
    Good luck,
    NL
    Quote Quote