VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All,

I have the Matrix Widescreen format and I am trying to convert it to full screen so the entire iPod video screen is filled with the movie. I've tried CloneDVDMobile,Cucusoft,Xilisoft,Super Converter, and all the iPOD-encoded movies have the black bars at the top and bottom. Yes, I turned off Widescreen in iPOD video settings.

I've tweaked the settings for the applications that I've used to encode as 4:3 (Xilisoft), Letterbox zoom (CloneDVD), etc. and none of them seem to work!!

I didn't have any trouble with LOTR Fullscreen (obviously..)

Thanks for any tips!!

P.S.: Right now, at home, I'm encoding the movie using Nero Recode that has iPOD support. When I get home from work, I'll check it out and see if the bars are gone.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your original video may actually be full screen, boxed off to 16:9 size. When you play the video in quicktime, does it show as 4:3 with black bars, or as 16:9 with no bars? Make sure the copy of the movie you own says "anamorphic" widescreen on the back.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I am not work - I will check in a couple of hours (I'm at work now). I believe the video is 16:9 with bars on teh top and side (this is how Power DVD played the movie). I remember the word "WIDESCREEN" on the front cover. However, I'll double check to see if it says "anarmorphic" on the back

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, this is a "letterbox" widescreen edition of the movie.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, after trying lots of different software, I could only find the following that will allow me to "resize" to "set widescreen to fullscreen":

PQ DVD
    Cucusoft DVD to Ipod 6.xx

I'll do more research and testing and post my results.
    Quote Quote