VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What does it mean??

I get this error whenever I try to Build a Video_TS File Now...Please Explain...It continues to burn after I hit continue
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm just guessing here, but your DVD writing program (ImgBurn in this case) needs exclusive access to the DVD burner to be able to burn. I've seen that error when other programs still have access or control of the burner and don't want to give it up.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sandman423,

Just before ImgBurn starts the actual burning, it tries to lock the drive, so some other process doesn't interfere with the burning. The message you're getting is ImgBurn's way of telling you that another process already has an open "handle" to the drive, so it can't lock the drive for exclusive access.

Just ignoring the warning may work, but it potentially jeopardizes the burn. It would be better to prevent whatever the other program is from obtaining a handle in the first place.

To make it easiest on both of us, and give you a future reference (if needed), here's a link to instructions on how to identify the other process, straight from LIGHTNING UK! (the author of ImgBurn). If you run into any problems post back, and we'll see what we can do.
    Quote Quote