VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi i am currently using Taiyo Yuden Media and a BenQ DVD Writer 1620 i think!

I have had this writer for about 2 years now and want to change.

I was told about 2 years back statistically a BenQ 1620 was the best one out there.

Can i have a link to another graph showing the best burner which is up to date?

I was also wondering if TY media is the best too?

Isit worth my trying Blu Ray technology? If so what burner and media should i be buying?

Cheers guys!

Marty
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'd love to see such a graph today or for two years ago.

In my opinion it would be impossible to list the criteria for rating DVDwriters without endless debate.

As for TY media, there are those that think it is the greatest thing ever and those that think its like Type O blood (the universal donor). It will be accepted by just about any writer.

As for your need for a new drive - check the DVD writer lists on this site, problem will be separating the current models from the antiques. And check the forums at

www.cdfreaks.com

They have separate forums for each writer manufacturer, and post reviews and information on the latest drives.

Can't find any evidence of agreement on relative ratings of features, so be prepared to make your own judgment on what will matter to you.

As for Blue-ray, you are looking at paying at least 10x more for a Blueray writer, and will have to update your software, so consider whether you have a good reason to buy it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What software would need updating mate?

The latest version of Nero, would that do it for blu ray media?

Isit as long lasting as othe rmedia and do blu ray writers burn as well as others?

Thanks so much for your help mate.

Mart.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Forget Blu-Ray. Going from DVD to Blu-Ray is not an update...it is a complete change...and a VERY expensive one at that.
    Quote Quote