VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everybody,

i have the following problem and (sorry) not much skills in english as in the programm.

(if there is a german there outside who can help, you are welcome)

I use the ffmegX encouder to make subtitles on avi-movies i got out of the net.

The problem is, I do everything right, the subtitles are synchron and everything is fine, except for one think. The programm always converts the films in a much lower quality. As, for a example, i use a film with 2 GB after converting i have 700 MB.

I have already found the right video window, where i can say how much MB i want, and how much CDs i want. But ffmegX does always the same.

The vide Codec is MPEG4 (avi.) mencoder, i choose 2 CDs and the 80 mode-1

Could it be it doesnt function because i have a demo Version?

Is it that simple or am I just not smart enough?

I appreciate every help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by harryharry
    The problem is, I do everything right, the subtitles are synchron and everything is fine, except for one think. The programm always converts the films in a much lower quality. As, for a example, i use a film with 2 GB after converting i have 700 MB.
    I have already found the right video window, where i can say how much MB i want, and how much CDs i want. But ffmegX does always the same.
    The vide Codec is MPEG4 (avi.) mencoder, i choose 2 CDs and the 80 mode-1
    The Bitrate Calculator works a bit different: When you change the number of CDs from "1" to "2", the size indicator doubles to "1400" MB. But it hasn't changed the bitrate yet! To match the bitrate to your desired file size (and other parameters), click the [Rate]-button.

Originally Posted by harryharry
    Could it be it doesnt function because i have a demo Version?
    No, "The trial version is fully functional excepted for the "SVCD>DVD" and "DVD>DVD4GB" tools, and is not time-limited." [link]
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hallo case and thank you very much!

Now everything is fine.

ThanX
    Quote Quote