VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Will a memory stick card reader read memory stick pro media? If not, are memory stick pro card readers available? I'm considering buying a camcorder that uses memory stick pro media as well as tape and was wondering if I'd need another card reader for the memory stick pro media.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't believe so. I have an older generation sony digi cam that won't read mem stick pro but works only on mem stick. I'm sure that would be the same situation with a mem stick basic card reader.

You can get new card readers really cheap especially if you check for rebate deals. I'm sure the newest ones include support for mem pro.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've got an older card reader that works fine with the newer memory stick Pro. The Pro usually comes with an adapter which will fit into a regular memory stick slot. You simply plug the Pro into the adapter which in turn fits in the regular memory stick card slot. That works with a number of card readers that I have. If all else fails, just get a new card reader that handles virtually any card--often less than $10. Good luck.

wwaag
    Quote Quote