VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. I've installed the BETA 2.5 as Administrator on my Vista Ultimate system.

After registration I try to start the first time. But after a view seconds the software closes without showing any error. All components of the software are shown, but after the splash screen the window closes.

I tried to Reinstall NET2.0, but the system already got it.

Also running "as admin.." will not help.

What is wrong here?

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. Did you install to a location other than "C:/Program Files"?
    Dwight

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote  
  3. No! I installed it to C:/Program Files. But in German it is called "Programme"....
    Quote Quote  
  4. Install it to a different location and run as admin. Should work fine then.
    Dwight

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote  
  5. I changed the install directory and run as admin -> same result!

Maybe i have to reinstall NET2.0 or what is the mistake I make?

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  6. When you say you are running it as "admin" that means you have right clicked the .exe file in the SVCD2DVD directory and selected "run as administrator" - right?
    Dwight

- Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes! I did the right click admin...
    Quote Quote  
  8. OK, we'll have to wait for Chrissyboy and see if he as an idea. Are any logs being generated at all? If so, can you post the latest one?
    Dwight

- Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote  
  9. No log file at all! If I am right it has to be in the program directory?!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Actually, not anymore. You may have to dig for it and one may not be generated. Mine, for example, is located here:

C:\Documents and Settings\The Deckard's\Local Settings\Application Data\Badger I.T\SVCD2DVD 2.5\2.5.2693.26619\logs
    Dwight

- Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote  
  11. after haveing problems with svcd2dvd for the 1st time ever since getting a new pc with vista i asked chrissyboy for the beta and after installing i to have this same problem, at the moment im having to use vso if i want to get anything done
    Quote Quote  
  12. i have done a system restore going back about 3 weeks and i can now run 2.5 beta, so i presume something in a windows update was stopping it from working, i'll test over the next few days and see if it runs ok
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ok. Interesting. If you want to take tha chance, i have updated the build at the beta url you have... it should also solve the issue.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  14. cheers i'll give it a go tonight, i may undo the restore and then install it and see how it goes.
    Quote Quote  
  15. right when i did the system restore i went back to work and installed v2.5 while connected to my pc from work using ultra vnc and it worked, now im back at home ive just tried v 2.5 and it does the same thing and stops working after a few seconds of being run, so i connected to my pc via ultra vnc from the pc at the side of my main pc and v 2.5 works so it seems like there is a problem with my display drivers and v 2.5.
    Quote Quote  
  16. well ive installed new display drivers, installed the newer version of v2.5 and still the same results
    Quote Quote  
  17. ok after playing about i got it to work of sorts BUT i after access my pc via ultra vnc, once started i minimize the window and it will work but i cannot see the svcd2dvd interface window with my pc, only the systray icon, so it sounds like something in the interface that my vista do'snt like
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok I have posted two new builds in the "Registered Users" area - one for XP users and one for Vista users. Can you try the Vista one please?

(In theory both versions should work on both operating systems but if the one marked for Vista works for you then i may have to provide two versions...)
    Quote Quote  
  19. just tried the vista version and still get the same problem
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @Fear345: ok. Do you want to email me and we'll see if we can get to the bottom of this a bit quicker?
    Quote Quote  
  21. right after talking with chris about this problem for a few hours tonight he has come up with a temp fix and asked me to post it for anyone else haveing these same problems, go to your registery and go to key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Badger I.T.\SVCD2DVD 2.0 then right click in the right pane and click string value and name it EnableTimers once you have done that right click the EnableTimers and click modify type False in the value data, now close the registry and run svcd2dvd 2.5 and it should now run.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the post Fear345.

I have updated the download in the registered users area to resolve this issue... Build 2.5.2713
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have tried registry patch and also downloaded latest version but I am also still getting the program shutting down with no errors after a few seconds after trying to add assets under vista premium.
    I run the program by right clicking and selecting run as administrator.
    The program runs ok untill I try to add an asset.
    Quote Quote  
  24. What type of assets? Is there one in particular that causes the error? If so, run Gspot on the file and post a screenshot.
    Dwight

- Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it happens when I click add asset. The asset screen comes up and a couple of seconds later the program just closes with no error at all.
    I don't even get chance to select my file before it closes down
    Quote Quote  
  26. Can you open the folder containing your assets and drag them to SVCD2DVD?
    Dwight

- Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I try I get a circle with a line though it on any format I try to copy. I have loaded same program onto my laptop and have no problems with same files so its a vista thing.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by testweight
    When I try I get a circle with a line though it on any format I try to copy. I have loaded same program onto my laptop and have no problems with same files so its a vista thing.

thanks
    You need to drop them onto the asset grid.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [/quote]

You need to drop them onto the asset grid.[/quote]

Thanks for your help. That was the way I added them in the past before I upgraded to vista.
    As I said it works fine on xp on my laptop but not on vista. Now tried it on 2 vista machines with the same results.
    I cannot drop anything onto the asset grid as it won't let me and if I open add assets it closes program down.

The files I am trying on the vista pc's are the same ones on my xp laptop which works ok so its a vista problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok - i have made a change.... Can you redownload and install to see if the issue is resolved?
    Quote Quote