VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a medical cd with many files and folders. One of the folders contains 23 .img files that I believe are the video cd files on this cd-r. My question is how do I batch all these files to convert to a playable and burnable dvd or cd. I just downloaded ffmpegx for Mac OS 10.4 PPC mac.

I know the program can do it, but how?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Not enough info.

Can you get onto a PC and run the disc through ISOBuster and post a screenshot? That would clear up a whole lot of confusion.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Attached is a screen shot of the volume information.

Does this help?

Thanks

I cant seem to do anything with this CD-r. Keep getting I/O errors.

volume%20info.tiff
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The two common .img files are Macintosh disc images and hyperlink images. Neither are video. Try opening an img file in Irfanview on a pc.

Why do you think these files are movies? mode 2 form 1 is usually just data:

http://sony.storagesupport.com/cgi-bin/sonysupport.cgi/M1QyNUjPDA4dzatpCN5uJ=xjZSMlgW60/faq/view/413
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is the screen dump from Isobuster for the CD.

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Ok, this could get us close...

You've got a bridge disc certainly, but not a true VCD per se. It's actually more like a PhotoCD (although not strictly that either).

My guesses (since we don't see all the tracks on screen, etc).:

You've got a Multi-track, Mode2Form1 CDXA disc.
    If you actually do have 24 or 25 tracks, I would expect each track (beyond the 1st) to hold a folder of images.
    Yes they are images. DICOM formatted (very common in medical community).
    There are applications (and plugins for apps like Photoshop) that can read DICOM format and allow you to convert to something more universal, like BMP or JPG. However, being a "medical" thing, there isn't much that is cheap or free (some more recently though). Do a Google search, you should find SOMETHING to help you. Batch converting may or may not be available though... (If you had Photoshop CS3, it'd be a breeze!)
    You might also be able to find a copy of the DICOM import plugin/component for Quicktime, but this only works well if you have QT Pro.
    ...edit: Irfranview also supports DICOM (w/Free plugin)...

Since you DO have access to ISOBuster at least, I would extract the data (just the folders of images from the [/DICOM/STDY_001/SERIE_01] folder, the other stuff is probably not pertinent). Save these to a hard drive and then convert. (You may need to rename the extension from IMG to ? DICOM or ACR or IMA or MED for it to be natively recognized)

Good luck,
    Scott
    Quote Quote