VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys and gals, just a quick newbie question......
    After what seems like hours of searching this site I still cant gat an answer for my audio sync problems. All the reading I have done has just confused me because all other peoples sync problems are fixed by 're-authoring (?)' converted files from your hard drive.

I simply want to back up my DVDs and I use DVDFab HD Decrypter with DVDShrink 3.2. The back ups are fine but the audio goes out of sync. If there is silence and then the people start talking the audio is in sync and then slowly goes out again.

Am I using the wrong programs? Is there a NEWBIE way of fixing this? I am a little nervous about manually re-authoring/ changing fps etc. Can anyone help me?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi.

Strange that you get sync problems when you use these programs...
    The programs dont change anything regarding video and audio timeline...

In this case the original must be out off sync....

Do you have sync problem with your stand alone DVD player ???

stars...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    audio sync problems appear in my stand alone DVD player.....

could that be the problem?

just checked and viewing the originals in the DVD player dont seem to cause audio sync problems.

it must be something i am doing.....damn!

could it be my PC hardware? Has anybody had hardware which caused audio sync problems?

I'm starting to pull my hair out.....HELP!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have never had sync issues with straight backups using the tools you have described. Even stranger is this idea that silence allows the sync to catch up again. The closest I have seen to this type of behaviour was in the very early days of decoding amplifiers and digital connections. Some players and amps where so slow that using the optical connections produced a definite and drifting sync problem on some discs. However this was hardware related, and the next models fixed the problem.

Do the discs do this on other players, or just yours ?
    If you burn to a different brand of disc does the same thing happen ?
    If you get DVD Shrink to write to a HDD folder and you play the DVD from there, do you get sync issues ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have never tried on another DVD player. I only have one in the house..Will have to try at a friends house soon.

I also haven't tried different media as I am about a quater of the way through a spindle of fifty TDK DVD-r 16x. Thats all I have in the house and my wife wont let me buy any more

Don't seem to have any trouble running the movies from my hard-drive at all.
    Quote Quote  
  6. What are you using to burn the discs?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i am burning the discs with my ASUS drw1612bl. I have just purchased this burner after it won best buy (least errors) in a magazine trial of about 20 different burners.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I mean what software?
    Take in mind that DVDShrink itself has no burning capabilities.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    oops, I thought dvd shrink burnt the files. The only programs I have that have anything to do with DVD backup are the ones mentioned above and nero premium 7.5.7.0.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Never, ever heard anything like this concept of re-synching during silence, then drifting out again.

If it plays good off the hard drive, next thing is play the DVD on the PC. If that works too, test with an RW disk, also try other blanks, maybe swap 2 or three with some friends. I got a feeling you and the wife are about to have a discussion.

Can you very carefully check this Silent Synch issue? That is just really, really odd.

Looks like you're using Nero to burn, try ImgBurn or something similar. In fact, try ANY burning program that is different. You wouldn't think so, but I remember the SVCD days when simple things would cause bizarre problems, and Nero can cause issues for some.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your help guys, I fixed the problem by reinstalling my old nero6 and no more sync problems.
    Quote Quote