VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. I'm using a Power Mac G4 Desktop computer with OS 10.4.9.

My Toast Titanium 7.0.2 is able to compress DVD VIDEO_TS folders I ripped with MacTheRipper 2.6.6 and burn them to Ativa DVD-Rs with 4.7 GB.

But I don't want to lose any digital picture quality. I would rather know how to record to Double Layer DVDs without sacrificing any information from the original DVD. But my computer refuses to even read or acknowledge Memorex or Sony DVD+R DLs. It spits them out after trying to read them for a while.

What can I do to enable Double Layer DVD recording?

My disc-burning hardware contains the following stats:

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-105:

Firmware Revision: A506
    Interconnect: ATAPI
    Burn Support: Yes (Apple Shipped/Supported)
    Cache: 0 KB
    Reads DVD: Yes
    CD-Write: -R, -RW
    DVD-Write: -R, -RW
    Burn Underrun Protection CD: Yes
    Burn Underrun Protection DVD: Yes
    Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO
    Media: No

2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You need to get a DVD drive that supports DL media burning. I suggest getting a Firewire drive.

The current version of Toast 7 is 7.1.2 which is a free update at roxio.com.

Lastly, many people have trouble with the reliability of Memorex DL media. I don't know about the Sony discs, but Verbatim DVD+R DL seems to be the most reliable. Check the user reports in the DVD Media link at left.

3. The Roxio website asks for e-mail and software registration info to get the free Toast 7.1.2 Update.

I don't think I can get the free update because I'm using a CRACKED bootleg version of Toast 7.0.2 I got for free off Limewire.

DOH!

As for a Firewire drive — is that new hardware I'd have to buy?

Or is that free software I can download to manipulate or change the drive I already have like firmware?

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning. no warez, please read site rules -- but at least you are honest about it ....
    / Moderator BJ_M

4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by maccaneer
    The Roxio website asks for e-mail and software registration info to get the free Toast 7.1.2 Update.

I don't think I can get the free update because I'm using a CRACKED bootleg version of Toast 7.0.2 I got for free off Limewire.

DOH!

As for a Firewire drive — is that new hardware I'd have to buy?

Or is that free software I can download to manipulate or change the drive I already have like firmware?