VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been around computers for 10 years now and I have never come accross this particular problem. I have DivX player, Windows Media Player, Sony Vegas 7.0, TvAnts, Windows Movie Maker, etc... I bought a sony 80gig Camcorder and all of the sudden not 1 of my old videos and movies want to play. I only get sound out of all of my movies..no picture..

I have tryed un-installing the players 1 at a time and re-installing them while rebooting the system many a time after installation. I have used all Codec Packs out ther.. I have used..

Ace Mega Codecs Pack, Codec Pack all-in1, DivX Codec Packs, K-Lite Codec Pack, Nimo Codec Pack and nothing !!! I have been trying to get my players to play my movies including Nero7 and not one of them gives me a picture just sound..? I'm at a loss here.. I don't know what else to do or in what combination to do it in. I have come to a complete at utter shut down.. I'm banging my head of my closet door and yanking my hair out of it's roots.. I'm about to give up and take it in the shop if I don't find help on-line first..

Please someone has to have gone through this problem before... Please help me figure this one out....

Thanks in advance fellas...

My computer is a P4 3.0 Video card is an ATI 850XT Pro 256 1 Gig DDR ram....
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by *Equilibrium*
    I have used all Codec Packs out ther.. I have used..
    Codec packs are bad, especially mutiple codec packs. Uninstall the ones you can, use g-spot to determine the codec you need to play the file and install only that. If it doesn't work post the information here that gspot provides.

Secondly you can try VLC , this has it's own codecs and should play the files but it won't help you with your other players.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok...

Thanks for your replay...that was quick.....

So, after I posted this question, I started thinking about a time 1 week ago that I was playing BF 2142 and after playing for a while; I went to my video cards control center and I adjusted some stuff in there for better eye candy. I remembered that it was soon after that that I lost all my video playing capabilities.
    So I asked the question of my problem and 5 minutes later I remember that incident.. I went to reset everything to factory settings... went to one of many folder I have movies in and WALLA... I now have video and sound !!!

Sweet lord.. I never would have thought that some simple twinking of my video card for better eye candy of my computer games would have affected my video output on all my players and even the web...

WOW... Thank you very much for your help with my problem.. I will stick around here for some time and return the favor to help someone if I can....

Thanks again !!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Most likely related to your video overlay settings.

Glad you have it working.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote