Hey guys. First post, here. I've gotten lots of information from this place before, but I am stumped on this one. I have been compressing videos using VirtualDub for almost a year now, and when I started, I used the "DivX 6.4.0 Codec (2 Logical CPU's)" to compress my videos. I export them from Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 uncompressed, which means the quality remains the same, while at the same time, the files are huge; like, 10 gigs kinda huge, for like, 5 minutes of video. So I manage to compress the videos using VirtualDub, like I had said, and they would come out at about 50-90 megs every time. This is with all the settings on max, pretty much, as in "Insane Quality". All of a sudden, starting about a month ago, for no reason, the files are still the same length, but now they are anywhere from 200-300 megs when all is said and done! I don't understand it. If someone can help me or explain what is happening, that would be greatly appreciated.
PS. I've also converted using the DivX converting program, and while before the quality wasn't terrible, it was still better to do the exact same thing on VirtualDub, but now, the file size is small, but the video quality is just appalling.
Sorry For The Length.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Please Martig, one post per subject is enough. I've deleted the other post. Please read our rules before posting.
I would reset Divx to the default settings, then add your custom settings again. There is likely somewhere in the settings where you changed something. Or you updated the Divx codec. I still use 6.2.2. (Two logical CPUs)
And welcome to our forums.
Sorry about the two posts. I just wasn't sure where to put it. Thank you for the help, I will try it the next time I need to compress.