VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When I used Toast 7 I was able to use the export feature to export video from a video_ts folder. With Toast 8, the same procedure produces video that is choppy and skips a lot. Does anyone know what I can do to export decent video using Toast 8? The Roxio support website is taking forever to answer.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The correct process with both Toast 7 and 8 is to extract the MPEGs from the VIDEO_TS folder using the Toast Media Browser before exporting to other formats. Place the VIDEO_TS folder on the desktop or inside the Movies folder (but not inside any other folder) and the content will appear in the browser when you choose DVD with the top button. Dragging the titles or chapters you want to the video window extracts the MPEG file from the VIDEO_TS.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The issue is not that I do not know how to do this. I have been doing it for years. The issue is that since I upgraded from Toast 7 to Toast 8, I get video output that skips. The resulting video jumps forward like crazy even though I use the exact same procedure I have always used to export video from Video_TS to .dv format for editing.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does the source have PCM or AC-3 audio? Toast 8 isn't working with PCM audio MPEGs.

Other than that, there are reports in the Toast forums about jumpy video after users updated to OS 10.4.9. The posts I've read refer to video DVDs burned by either Toast 7 or 8 but I don't remember posts about it being a problem with exports.

Since Toast 7 was working have you tried it again with that version since updating to OS 10.4.9?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I do not know what type of audio the video has. I am using a normal Video_TS folder on a Music video and exporting individual video clips for editing. I am trying to use Final Cut to remove the sound and add my own sound to the video, so I do not care about the sound, only the video.

I have not gone back to Toast 7 to see. The DVDs I am using were burned by the same recording equipment we have always used, they work fine everywhere. Even DVDs I used to export fine using Toast 7 now fail with Toast 8.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I suppose you've already tried trashing and reinstalling Toast 8 along with its plist and prefs files. You can reinstall version 8.0.1 without having to install 8.0 first. You also can have Toast 7 and 8 installed at the same time. I keep both on my system because Toast 8 is only at 8.0.1.

Toast describes the video and audio specs of the file in the Video window (and in a popup in the browser when you hold the cursor over the file). If there are multiple audio tracks you can choose the one for your export source by selecting the video and clicking the Edit button. The Audio description becomes a popup menu button when there are multiple audio tracks.

The problem you are describing isn't being raised by others at the Roxio forums so its hard to know what is causing it on your system. A clean install of Toast seems a good place to start.

A very long shot is to download and apply the OS 10.4.9 combined system update on top of your existing 10.4.9 system. It does no harm and is known to fix odd issues that happen after incremental system updates.
    Quote Quote