VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    am attempting to encode some WMV videos into Xvid for use on a home dvd player, and am having some issues

am using the Xvid .avi (FFmpeg) codec for video, and MP3 for audio, using the Decode with Quicktime option to access & decode usin the Flip4Mac quicktime WMV codecs

the video works quite well, however it seems to do the video first, and then fails when it gets to the audio with a "Codec type mismatch for mapping #0.1 -> #0.0" error

as per other topics on these forums, i attempted it with "Invert Mapping" selected, however i get the same error message as without it

when i attempt to encode only the audio (video encoding checked off) with Invert Mapping, i end up with a working MP3 file, which i have successfully Mux'ed with the video produced before it failed earlier.

only problem is i've got many files to encode, and encoding the video, then the audio, and then Mux'ing for every one will take me hours to set up (nevermind the encoding time...) hence why i'm coming here for help

is there something i'm missing here? it seems like FFmpeg will encode the video properly, and the audio properly, just not at the same time, or in the same process?

any help would be appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    heres the log from the conversion

Input #0, yuv4mpegpipe, from 'pipe:':
    Duration: N/A, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0.0, 25.00 fps(r): Video: rawvideo, yuv420p, 640x480
    Output #0, avi, to '/Volumes/Old HD/test.wmv':
    Stream #0.0, 25.00 fps(c): Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 640x480, q=2-7, 1725 kb/s
    Stream mapping:
    Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
    bench: utime=93.692s
    video:56644kB audio:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.417383%
    FFmpeg version CVS, Copyright (c) 2000-2004 Fabrice Bellard
    Mac OSX universal build for ffmpegX
    libavutil version: 49.0.0
    libavcodec version: 51.9.0
    libavformat version: 50.4.0
    Seems that stream 1 comes from film source: 1000.00 (1000/1) -> 25.00 (25/1)
    Input #0, asf, from '/Volumes/Old HD/test.wmv':
    Duration: 00:06:27.7, start: 10.000000, bitrate: 916 kb/s
    Stream #0.0: Audio: wmav2, 48000 Hz, stereo, 128 kb/s
    Stream #0.1, 25.00 fps(r): Video: WMV3 / 0x33564D57, 480x640
    Codec type mismatch for mapping #0.1 -> #0.0
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    anyone got any idea? managed to re-encode the first few videos successfully by doing the video & audio seperately, then Mux'ing, but i've got dozens more to do...
    figured i'd throw up another post here, see if theres a solution i'm jus not seeing
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried MPEG Streamclip?
    Quote Quote