VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. In Sony DVD Architect 4.0, when I burn a DVD containing a playlist of single video titles (no chapters included) and, after selecting the playlist, use the "next" (skip) button to advance to a subsequent title in the playlist and watch this title until the end, the DVD continues playing the title that would have followed the title in which I selected the next button, instead of the title next in line. Perhaps this makes it easier to understand:

start playlist
    clip 1->next->next->next
    clip 4...finish
    clip 2
    clip 3->next->next->next->next->next
    clip 8....finish
    clip 4
    etc.

It seems the playlist does not track title advance and only advances to the next title in the playlist if it played in it's interity. I could use a trick, by adding a chapter right beofre the end of each title, but that would be a lot of work and I am wondering if there are any other ways to achieve my goal.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dosent appear to be much fun , dose it , and I cant tell you where the issue may have come from , even through I have sony dvd architect 4.0. , but there are two possibilities that may have happened to cause the issue .

You have updated it ?

Grab pgcedit , load up your dvd compiled project on the hard drive , and check this out .

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic322350.html

You need to readjust those nav commands so they reflect how you want it to playback , and playlists can drive you nutts if your not carefull .

You want to :

Play clip 1 , hit remote , skip 2 , skip 3 , skip 4 , play 5 , play 6 , skip 7 , play 8 .
    Return to menu at end I suppose , without it playing those skipped clips .

Am I right ?

Hmm , seems theres a continous issue .

Load your project into pgcedit , and take a snap shot of what it shows in the left pane , we will know whats going on then .
    Quote Quote