VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Chrissyboy,

I have installed the 2.5 Beta and can not start the program. I get an error message:The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x000000000". The memory could not be "read".

I first tried installing this on mt "C" drive not in Program files with the same result. It now resides in Program Files. I am running Windows 2000. I noticed another fellow got the same error message on a Win2K machine, but I didn't see any resolution. Will this not work on Win2K any longer?
    Thanks,
    Mark
    Quote Quote  
  2. So has anyone running Win2K been able to get this new Beta 2.5 to work? Would appreciate your help on this Chrissyboy.
    Thanks,
    Mark
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nope, no luck here, either ...

I tried installing 2.5 (twice!), even tried using the Repair function, but everytime I attempt to launch the application from the Start menu shortcut, I receive a Windows - Application Error box, stating that "The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read"."

I'm running Windows 2000 SP4 with .NET Framework both 1.1 and 2.0; I checked Windows Update and no .NET updates were shown as being available.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well i have no w2k pc to test it on but i will try to find one. Did v2.1 work on the same box?
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Version 2.1 worked for me on Windows 2000.

If I recall correctly, I loaded 2.5 Beta onto a virtual XP installation and I think it worked correctly ... I'll try again on a virtual installation in the next few days, just to confirm my memory.

CB - would you please send me the link again vi PM so that I'm sure to have it?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Version 2.1 is still working on my Win2K machine, Chrissyboy.
    Thanks,
    Mark
    Quote Quote  
  7. Chrissyboy,

Have there been any developements of the problem with running 2.5 in Win2K?

Mark
    Quote Quote  
  8. Can I get a link to the beta, ive already pmd but got no reply
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone heard from ChrissyBoy since 22 May 2007? I haven't had a chance to install 2.5 on virtual XP (assuming I can *find* 2.5!), but it's on my list of things-to-do for this weekend.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Chrissyboy,

Am patiently awaiting word on whether I can use beta 2.5 with Win2K. Have you found a 2K machine yet? Have you figured out anything yet?

Mark
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mwkurt
    Chrissyboy,

Am patiently awaiting word on whether I can use beta 2.5 with Win2K. Have you found a 2K machine yet? Have you figured out anything yet?

Mark
    Not yet! I will be rebuilding a PC sometime soon - so i will put w2k on it and figure out what is going on.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thanks for the update Chrissyboy. I look forward to being able to try and work with beta 2.5.
    Mark
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mwkurt
    Chrissyboy,

Mark
    I would like to add my voice to the W2K v2.5 working version. The speed increases from V2 to V2.5 are quite high on my XP64 machine, but I do most of my work on my W2K machine and am stuck with V2 on that one. Killer program though, thanks!

TPM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well i know what the issue is and I am working on it!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry for the delay ... it looks as if ChrissyBoy found the problem before I could post!

Just in case it might be of value, here are my findings after installing both version 2.1 and 2.5 beta on a variety of Windows OS installations:

Version 2.1 (build 2.1.2474)
    Windows 2000 SP4: No problem installing (after installing NET Framework 1.1) or launching SVCD2DVD
    Windows Server 2003: No problem installing (after installing NET Framework 1.1) or launching SVCD2DVD
    Windows XP SP2: No problem installing or launching SVCD2DVD

Version 2.5 (build 2.5.2693)
    Windows 2000 SP4: No problem installing (after installing Windows Installer 3 and NET Framework 2); Windows Application Error on launch
    Windows Server 2003 : No problem installing (after installing NET Framework 2) or launching SVCD2DVD
    Windows XP SP2: No problem installing (after installing NET Framework 2) or launching SVCD2DVD

The Server 2003 and XP installations were virtual installs (using Virtual PC 2004); Windows 2004 SP4 is host OS.

Questions? Let me know if I can provide more information or if I can help troubleshoot the next release candidate.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ChrissyBoy
    KickA$$!
    Quote Quote  
  17. Chrissyboy,

Any help yet for us W2K users out here?

Mark
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ChrissyBoy
    Quote Quote  
  19. I guess perhaps I should have asked my question with a little more clarity, so I'll ask it the way I should have the first time.
    Chrissyboy,
    Any help for us W2K users out here since your reply of 7 days ago since you figured out what the issue was?
    Thanks,
    Mark
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The problem lies with one of the third party components used in the application. I have alerted the vender to the issue and am waiting for an update after an initial dialog. FYI: previous issues with this vender have been resolved satisfactorily - so I am confident it won't be long before a resolution.... but it is out of my hands at the moment.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Thank you for the information. It is somewhat comforting to be kept abreast of what is going on and knowing that the problem is indeed being looked into.
    Thanks again,
    Mark
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok W2K guys.... Can you download the beta from the registered users area to see if your issue is now resolved?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Chrissyboy,

I went to the registered users area and downloaded the following file:
    v2.5 RC3 build: 2.5.2713, date: 06/06/2007
    Although it says XP/Vista only, I was able to at least open the program now. I will fully test it at a later time.
    Thanks for your help in getting SVCD2DVD to work for us 2K users!
    Mark
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Excellent - l just uploaded the file quickly and did not have time to relabel the page... Will do today.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Downloaded RC3 last night; no problem encountered in installing or launching program in W2K SP4!

Loaded two (43) minute (350MB) MPEG4 assets into SVCD2DVD, clicked the AutoFit button and let it go ... woke to find an AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folder with 4.30GB of BUP, IFO and VOB files ... sweet! Haven't played the DVD all the way through, but checked about five minutes of each episode using the menu created by SVCD2DVD. I haven't compared the time to convert using v2.1 versus 2.5 yet, maybe tonight.

Thanks, ChrissyBoy!
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mill48
    Downloaded RC3 last night; no problem encountered in installing or launching program in W2K SP4!

Loaded two (43) minute (350MB) MPEG4 assets into SVCD2DVD, clicked the AutoFit button and let it go ... woke to find an AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folder with 4.30GB of BUP, IFO and VOB files ... sweet! Haven't played the DVD all the way through, but checked about five minutes of each episode using the menu created by SVCD2DVD. I haven't compared the time to convert using v2.1 versus 2.5 yet, maybe tonight.

Thanks, ChrissyBoy!
    Interesting ... I ran the same assets though version 2.1 this morning, and instead of version 2.5's 4:42 (H:MM), version 2.1 took 7:22 (H:MM)! A speed improvement, indeed! To be honest, there were a ton of buffer underflows this morning (I can't speak to errors encountered in version 2.5 ... where are the logs?).
    Quote Quote  
  27. Click 'Help' and you can access the logs folder.
    Dwight

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
    - Herm Albright

www.martialconcepts.com
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jikchung
    Click 'Help' and you can access the logs folder.
    Thanks, Dwight!

I didn't even think of looking at the Help dropdown!

Now that I've found the logs, the v2.5RC3 run did not encounter buffer underflows (at all!) the way that v2.1 did with the same source ... interesting! Now I think I'm thinking of rerunning the v2.1 process again to see if those buffer underflows are seen again.

In any case, version 2.5RC3 is running fine on my W2K installation! Thanks again, ChrissyBoy!
    Quote Quote