VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, please, help. I need unlock Sony DVP-NS9100ES, now it play only 5 region dvd disks. Please, help, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Most Sony units cannot be hacked. The units that can, require special hardware such as a special remote.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. not knowing any where else to turn, I am posting here: any help

I searched all the regions hacks for Sony's and found one that almost worked.
    I followed these instructions exactly and the screens come up except on the last screen where it displays the region, there is no method to change the region. If I select, Next, it goes away. If I type in a number it goes to the previous screen, any help. I really would like to play a DVD from England on a US Sony

-Turn TV onto input channel (the one used to watch DVDs normally)
    -Press Title, clear, power on DVD remote in rapid succession
    -Go to 0 for Syscon Diagnosis
    -Go to 2 for Version
    -Go to 5 for Region
    -Enter the region desired (01-05). This part just doesn't work, no way to enter or change the region.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I have NEVER seen a post here in recent years on even one Sony DVD or BluRay player sold in the USA/Canada that could be made region free. I've seen exactly ONE post for a Samsung model sold in the USA/Canada that could be made region free and I don't remember what it is.

If you want region free playback, you live in North America and you buy Sony or Samsung, you just wasted your money. Your only way to play the DVD will be to rip it and reburn it as a region free disc but do note that your player may or may not be able to convert PAL video to NTSC. If not, you may not be able to watch it on your TV. However, you can watch any region 2 DVDs on a PC using the free VLC program (it does not check region codes).
    Quote Quote