VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just got a new computer with Windows Vista. I put dvddecrypter and dvdshrink on my computer. I have no problems ripping the movie to the compter, but when I go to shrink the movie it gives me an error that says access denied. I am trying to make an ISO so that I can go back to dvddecrypter and burn a dvd with it.

Please help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why not use DVDFAB DECRYPTER to rip then use IMGBURN to burn.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I only have one drive on my computer. I need programs that run like dvddecrypter and dvdshrink. I need to rip the movie to my hard drive, then make the file fit onto a dvd. dvdfab won't work for me because you need two drives. Is there anything else?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVDFabdecrypter should work without issue for the rip - then just open the folder with Shrink. (as will ripit4me, etc.)
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently had dvdfab under vista , without issues , output to default folder under "my documents" .

Dvdshrink gave error , permission to store files directly to C not allowed , must be to a folder on C , problem sorted .

Imgburn to burn the dvd .

Stupid new laptop came with vista , but little in respect to decent dvd burning , or rather the lack of , even though it came with a dvd burner .

====

Check you usual login account has admin privileges .

====

This one I do not recommend as it can cause issues with system sharing files / printer , firewall , ect .

Remove annoying vista nag for file permissions

1. Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> System Config
    2. Continue through User Account Controls prompt
    3. Select Tools -> Scroll down and select Disable UAC
    4. Click Launch -> Reboot machine

Disables the UAC for Vista, making it like XP, which has no such protection feature.
    Quote Quote