VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I own a supportPlus 20GB which is the same thing as sorell SV-10 PMP, and it works fine, except the video camera feature, whenever I try to record a video, and error pops up stateing a "file can not be created" it used to work fine before and I was able to video record short movies. I tried to reset I tried to replace the movie record file in the directory, but none worked. I also could not find any support on this issue please help.

Ari Dubov
    Quote Quote  
  2. You're not alone. Mine had been working fine. I went to use it tonight... "File Creating Error" pops up. Hooked it up, checked the directory was there, deleted it, replaced it. You name it... Same crap. MP3 recording does the same thing. (Only that also crashes the player).

Really not sure what to do now. This is bloody depressing as I've only had it two months

Did you ever figure out how to fix it?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Doing some digging, and finding some very odd Korean information that when translated mentioned blood and summer solstices (seriously) the solution seems to be back up the contents and format the drive. Did that, problem solved.

Bet it's related to me removing it without doing the "safe removal" thing.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by UncleChuckle
    You're not alone. Mine had been working fine. I went to use it tonight... "File Creating Error" pops up. Hooked it up, checked the directory was there, deleted it, replaced it. You name it... Same crap. MP3 recording does the same thing. (Only that also crashes the player).

Really not sure what to do now. This is bloody depressing as I've only had it two months

Did you ever figure out how to fix it?
    no still not working, hopefully someone can help
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Same thing just happened to me. I hardly use my record feature, but it comes in handy for when I do want to record.

I was using Sorrell's firmware of 2.26 or something or rather. That was due to me upgrading from the original SupportPlus firmware.

I decided to go back to a SupportPlus firmware. It now works flawlessly once again.

I found a SupportPlus firmware here:
    http://www.k3pgp.org/bikecam.htm

At the very bottom, it gives some instructions on upgrading the firmware. There's a small mistake...you don't put the .bin file into the DATA folder, you put it into the SYSTEM folder. It will update, and your recorder should be functional again.

SupportPlus players rock!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.k3pgp.org/Software/SP-PMP-51_sv-10_rom.zip

That's the direct link to the SupportPlus firmware file. Forgot to put there. You have to extract the .bin file and put it into the SYSTEM folder. Unplug your USB, and it should begin updating!

BE SURE TO HAVE A FULL BATTERY CHARGE BEFORE DOING THIS!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it worked
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM

I have a sv-10 sorell pmp, on the screen it say`s, 'file system error'. how can i get to work the way it is suppose to?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have one also-but even after resetting it I turn the power of and it goes to an opening screen then shuts off-any suggestions
    Quote Quote