VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a project edited in Vegas 6 that I want to burn in DVD Architect. I rendered several separate files (first a Dolby audio files, then an mpeg2 file) for several edited AVI clips that are part of the Vegas project. The idea was to have multiple rendered files placed end-to-end in the Architect project, rather than one big one.
    I am a newbie in Architect and don't know how to set up the project structure in Architect. If I choose the new project as Sinhgle move, it doesn't allow me to add multiple clips (the Mpeg files). If i choose Menu-based, I don't know how to set it up correctly. i do not want any menu (if possible), and I would like all the clips (files from Vegas) to play one after another without any menu selections or button clicks.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The DVDA options of "SingleMovie" and "Menu-based" aren't set in stone. You can add more movies to a project from the "SingleMovie" template, and you can add or take away menus from the "Menu-based" template.

Find your assets in the "Explorer" pane and drag them to the project's structural "tree". It will default to being 1st, so you may have to do a little shuffling to get things in the right order (higher up plays earlier if it were all considered to be playing linearly).

There WILL be a pause between each title using separate assets like you're doing. Do you want this?
    Why do you presume you shouldn't put everything to 1 MPG2+DD stream? This can always be "partitioned" from within DVDA and using "chapter marks" and "playlists", so you can still get quite a varied method of play if you wanted.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for your reply. I tried Single Movie, added the assets (I forgot how I did that), but I had no options to change the order. I tried moving them aorund, but they stuck where they were.
    I do not want any pause or menu selections. I want the whole thing to play straight through, from start to finish, even though it's composed of many separate mpeg files. Will that not work?

The idea was to render several clips (in Vegas), each one at a time, and then combine them "seamlessly" in DVD Architect without pauses or breaks or menu options, so that it played as one movie. the reason was to to make it easier on my meager memory, processor and hard drive, both during the render process and the burning process.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Rendering isn't MORE intensive with longer programs, they just use of larger filesize and thus require larger drivespace. There's no difference in "burden" for burning either way--If you burn a single VOBset that's 4GB vs. 4 VOBsets each with 1GB it's all the same to your burner (it's not going to "cache" them either way 'cuz they're way too big anyway).

You could try ADDING them (to the end of the previous media) in the "timeline" panel, or try creating a playlist that encompasses more than 1 title, but I'm not sure if those'l work (looks like it should for playlists).

...(finally get the manual out)...

According to the manual, you should use the "Music Compilation" template (and then use playlists explicitly, if it doesn't set it up for you implicitly). It's designed particularly for what you want to do (at least it says that).

Scott
    Quote Quote