VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Using the latest version of Nero Recode, how can I set the thumbnail or album art that is shown in iTunes and my Apple TV?

Also, can i change the thumbnail for an already encoded mp4, or is it embedded in the mp4?

Thanks!
    Gary
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Found out that you can right-click a video while watching it, and select "Set Poster Frame" to set the thumbnail in iTunes. Haven't checked if it translates over to the Apple TV or iPod listings.

Also, this seems to work for Movies in iTunes, but multiple episodes of TV Shows that are grouped under one thumbnail don't seem to pick up the poster frame I set from one of the episodes.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK...confirmed that the Poster Frame does translate over to the Apple TV (via my streamed library...haven't checked a sync'd item).

Also found out that with multiple episode tv shows, the group will use the thumbnail from the first episode (noted by the Episode Number entry on the Video tab of Get Info). The Artwork tab in Get Info is somewhat dynamic, in that you can click to select the current artwork in the panel, delete it, and paste in the artwork from another item's Artwork tab (already copied to the clipboard). This method along with the Next and Previous buttons make it easy to set the artwork for an entire group of episodes to the same image (which means the group's image will be consistent also.).

It would be nice to be able to specify something other than the first item in the group for the group's thumbnail.
    Quote Quote