VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have 2 different dates of live music with complete VOB, IFO and BUPs for each but I want to put them onto 1 disc. They dont have menus or chapter points. Id like to make a top menu to list both dates, and link to submenus for each date with chapter points for all the different songs. I searched here and found this guide for combining the file sets, but couldnt create the submenus like I want with TMPGEnc. Is what I want even possible? if so what software will allow me to do it? Thanks for any help with this.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TMPGEnc DVD Author

Click Source Setup and choose Add DVD Video for each VOB.

Click Create Menu and create a menu

Click Output and choose a folder to create your TS folder

If you get a warning that file is too big, shrink file with DVD Shrink and burn with software of choice. DVD Decrypter, Nero, TDA etc...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you want to do it for free, use VOB2MPG to extract the video/audio out of the VOB structures, then GUIForDVDAuthor to author a new disc, and imgburn to burn the results.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I shoulda done more research before getting TDA. I hate buying any software if I can get the equivalent for free.

A CoreAVC hack would sure be nice. $20 to $100 is way too much to pay to view HDAVC on a PC.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the replys you two. I was working with the trial version of TMPGEnc DVD Author and couldnt get the menu to work out like I wanted, maybe because it was the trial? I am going to give guns1inger's suggestion a shot.

Last night I found out my friend has Sony Vegas and DVD architect on his work laptop and he said one of those might be able to do what I need. Anyone know if this is correct?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DarrellS
    I shoulda done more research before getting TDA. I hate buying any software if I can get the equivalent for free.
    I doubt you could find a free authoring tool that's as user friendly as TDA.

Originally Posted by DarrellS
    A CoreAVC hack would sure be nice. $20 to $100 is way too much to pay to view HDAVC on a PC.
    Needs a fast PC too. My 2Gig processor can only play HD clips in slow motion.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pheldd
    Last night I found out my friend has Sony Vegas and DVD architect on his work laptop and he said one of those might be able to do what I need. Anyone know if this is correct?
    What version number are those, and are they the "Studio" or "Full" versions

Regards,
    George
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by GeorgeW
    Originally Posted by pheldd
    What version number are those, and are they the "Studio" or "Full" versions

Regards,
    George

Vegas 7 and DVD arch 4, I guess the most recent. I asked him "studio or full" and he wasnt sure but thinks they are full versions.
    Quote Quote