VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently sent some DVDs off for duplication and the duplicator informed me that there was a problem with one of them. It turns out that the problem was that I had taken an .img file and used Power ISO to add a folder with a pdf file in it. The reason the other DVDs did not have a problem was because I added the ROM content at the time the .img file was built with Adobe Encore DVD.

So my issue now is that I have to add ROM content to 15 older DVDs of which I only have .img files for (I also have the DVDs themselves of course)

I'm guessing that when I re-saved the .img file with PowerISO, it somehow made it incompatible with the duplicator's DVD player because when I rebuilt the same DVD with the PDF file included in the build process of the authoring software, it worked fine.

My question is if there is a specific software I can use to add this ROM content to these image files, but not corrupt any file structure or anything else so that it won't cause any compatibility issues?'

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    bump
    anyone?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No, you have to extract the content of the image file (mount it with daemon tools and copy its content to your HDD), add the "ROM content", then create a new image.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What should I use to create the new image file?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    With this software, it looks like I can just open the ISO file and add the content folder and save the ISO (without ever having to actually extract and recreate the ISO) Has anyone used this?

http://www.magiciso.com/index.htm

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No, as it's a commercial product that doesn't do anything that can't be done with freeware (even if the MagicIso way is a bit more elegant), I've not used it.
    Extracting and rebuilding the ISO is so quick and simple, I see no real reason for using MagicIso

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why would MagicISO do the job any better than PowerISO ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    power iso didn't do the job; the DVD was kicked back for incompatibility...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hence my question.

If PowerISO couldn't push a folder into an ISO successfully, why trust a product called MagicISO (a name that puts me off straight away) to do it ?

I'd have to agree with Mats on this one - extract the ISO back your HDD, add the folder and contents, then build a fresh ISO.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "Never trust an application with 'Easy', 'Eazy', 'EZ', 'Express' or 'Magic' in its name"
    Of course there are exceptions to this rule, but they are few.
    Also: Commercial products are made to make money. Freeware is made to accomplish tasks.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Most likely when you rebuilt the ISO image, the software did not place the files in their proper order for DVD-VIDEO. So make sure whatever you use is setup to build the ISO Image properly (after adding the dvd-rom content)...

Regards,
    George
    Quote Quote