VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok, so i have episodes of a television show that i want to burn, they are in avi format, so i use
    dvd flick, to convert them in to a dvd format (audio ts and video ts folders), then i go to nero vision 3 , put them all in, and make a menu, begin encoding, when nero is done i use dvd shrink to shrink everything to fit, after i burn, there is no sound.
    backtrack, there is sound after dvd flick, but not after nero,
    so anyway if anyone knows what the problem is, or another program that will let me create a menu, it would be appreciated
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    First problem - DVD Flick should be producing a disc that is the right size. I suspect that Nero is then re-encoding them (badly - loss of quality) and screwing up the audio, then you are shrinking them (more quality lost). So oyu are needlessly screwing with the video for no good reason.

Second problem - NeroVision is a second rate authoring tool. There is a setting you can tick to try to stop it re-encoding compliant material. Some people claim it works, most seem to end up with NV re-encoding their video anyway. Consult your help file for instructions on how to do this.

Best option, encode with DVD Flick (if you wish), then author with GUIForDVDAuthor (free) or tmpgenc DVD author (cheap). Use Nero to burn data and audio CDs, if you must.

Once you have your finished video_ts folder, burn with Imgburn.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The best would be to figure out where it went wrong. Since you have DVD files made by DVD Flick play them with your software player first if they are OK. Do the same after Nero and so on to see where the problem start.
    I use Nero Recode, but my files are already right size (I use DVD Rebuilder for compression), and have no problem with quality on 32" LCD.
    The guy who wrote Shrink is now working for Nero so I guess he is in charge of video part since he was good.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i found out that my nero vision requires a plug in that you have to buy, for decoding the sound, so im gonna try a different authorig tool
    Quote Quote