VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know that Nero will do only 1 aspect per compilation - either 4:3 or 16:9. I have a WS movie and a FS short that I would like to put on a single dvd. Before I spend several hours trying this, I thought I'd ask if anyone else has tried this with success.

I was thinking that I could complete the process with Nero set to WS and burn to my HD. Then, I would edit the ifo file for the FS short to change the ratio to 4:3 from 16:9, save it, then burn the dvd. OR, is resetting the ratio for the FS part going to make it stretch vertically and look funny?

If it will look funny, can I author the FS short separately and use that vob to replace the one in the WS compilation?

David
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Stop using Nero for authoring - it is a joke of a product.

Encode the 16:9 material as 16:9, and the 4:3 material as 4:3. Author the two as separate titles in GUIForDVDAuthor. You can use FitCD and HCEnc to encode, which will give you much higher quality video than Nero. Aften, with EncWav2AC3 will encode your audio to AC3 for you.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you will do more of these projects, than check into DVD Lab Pro. It is not cheep, but reasonable for what it can do.
    You can author DVD with two aspect ratios, make multiple menus, use commands and so on.
    Quote Quote