VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i cant copy and paste it,i cant rename it,in fact when i right click the vro file in the dvd folder nothing happens.power dvd will play the file.but what i really want to know is how to import and compress the file to my hd so i can watch the copy of it on my pc.thanks for any help or knowladge.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    was the disk finalized ?
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is what I have done in the past:

Use Isobuster to extract the VRO files
    Rename FILENAME.VRO to FILENAME.VOB
    Demux to elementary streams (MPV for video; MPA, WAV, or AC3 for audio)
    Reauthor, convert or whatever it is you want to do to it.

Worked for me. Let us know how it worked out.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes its finalized
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    im basicly debating weather to store my dvds on my pc or even just play them through it and run it to a tv or a big screen monitor through a tv video card and ditch the sony which sits on the same self as the pc.or just to keep the dvds and play them on the sony since they take up so much space on the harddrive and would wind up keeping the dvds anyway,which dont take up a WHOLE lotta space....
    Quote Quote  
  6. We don't have your computer specs but my guess is that explorer can't play that sort of file format that you are using. Otherwise you could just give it a *.mpg extension. Did you try to give it a new name under the DOS box?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well,being a noob,i wouldnt know how to do that with the command prompt.wouldnt changing the name effect playing the disc in a standalone anyway?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So you can view the files in My Computer-> DVD Drive but can't copy them to another folder on your hard drive? What happens when you try to copy them? What sort of error comes up? This information would be helpful. As far as changing the filenames, you're only going to be able to do that after you copy them to a folder on your hard drive...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, just stumbled across this post. The only solution I found to recognise vro files (Lg dvd recorder) was Nero 6 InCD. I think it has UDF reading capability and allowed me to recognise the vro file on your rom/rw drive.

I tried it with an early version of Nero 7 and it would'nt work, only seems to work with Nero 6 InCD - not sure if its still available to buy or trial? but here's their upgrade site.

http://www.nero.com/nero6/eng/nero-up.php

hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i can open the dvd folder in "my computer",yes.when i right click the vro file nothing happens.when i left click it and copy with the menu bar option it wont paste.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I think ulead Movie Factory can directly import VRO but you'd have to look at the documentation.

The best solution is don't use VRO, you should have a selection for recording in DVD mode on you cam.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well it looks like the answer was under my nose the whole time.Roxio creator basic 9,which came with my computer as a part of the free software bundle can save an image of the disk containing the VRO.files.i dabbled a lil wih roxio but most of the features require an upgrade so i left it alone for now.i can then play the images in WMP11.and compress the files with power archiver.the playback is not perfect but i did it without the "slower"processes.power arch only cut it down to 3gb,so i guess im at least half-way there.alls well that ends well.thanks for all the suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have a DVD-RAM/DVD+R DL drive (LG GSA-4163B).
    I copy each of my .vro files to my harddrive and rename them each to a .mpg extension.
    VR_MOVIE.VRO ->VR_MOVIE.MPG
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Gad, I wish I could find another link to that Panny DVD RAM transfer software. It makes this just soooo easy.....
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BJ_M
    was the disk finalized ?
    At any given time, I have a fair amount of (transitional) VRO material on unfinalized disks. Transitional as in temporary -- something else is going to be done with it. Why in this format ? Because it has to be, in order to allow high speed copying back to a standalone DVDR, without re-encoding, which I may want to do. (I can have the same material in Video Mode too, if I wish. It's not an either / or proposition.)

I've asked this question before, but never got an answer. Is there any way (other than possibly ISOBUSTER) to retrieve or otherwise work with such VRO material from an un-finalized disc ?

At one point, I got a suggestion that Cyberlink Power Producer might be a program that can do this, but I haven't had a chance to confirm this yet.
    Quote Quote