VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, I just bought my first pack of Verbatim Dual Layer DVD+Rs. I just have a few questions about burning DL, because I've never done it before. For backing up DVDs, should I use DVD Decrypter to get a ISO and a MDS and then use the MDS to burn it with DVD Decrypter? Does the MDS tell it where to put the layer break? Are there any programs that I should be using instead of DVD Decrypter? Please just tell me anything I should know about Dual Layer DVD+Rs, thanks!

Edit: Basically, what I want to know is how to end up with an EXACT copy of my original DVD, thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes use the MDS file,it will put the layer break in the sweet spot.
    Although DVDDecrypter is no longer being updated it still works great on DL or you can use it's succesor... ImgBurn
    BTW:the MDS file works with ImgBurn also.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok cool, thanks, I'll just stick with DVD Decrypter. I've always used the default setting in DVD Decrypter, do those work for creating the right MDS file? I just wanna make sure that the MDS file comes out right. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by hiimbored
    Ok cool, thanks, I'll just stick with DVD Decrypter. I've always used the default setting in DVD Decrypter, do those work for creating the right MDS file? I just wanna make sure that the MDS file comes out right. Thanks!
    I would use ImgBurn to burn, it's better suited to burn DL.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I agree! IMGBurn build ISO> burn w/Verbs DVD+R DL media........
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by hiimbored
    As long as you have v3.5.4.0
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just downloaded Imgburn, do I have to change any settings? Should I still use DVD Decrypter to make the ISO/MDS?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Your making things more difficult than they have to be,just use DVDDecrypter to rip and use the MDS file to burn.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @hiimbored, read this, it's not that difficult.... good luck!!!
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1780
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What is the point of the MDS file? Don't us usually jsut have an ISO without the MDS?

Just wondering...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    t0nee1- I already have an ISO, so I don't need to build the files in the VIDEO_TS. I know I'm making this more difficult than it should be, but I just want to make sure I do it right since these DL discs are so expensive. So I'm guessing I don't have to change any of the options in IMGBurn? Thanks again guys.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by t0nee1
    @hiimbored, read this, it's not that difficult.... good luck!!!
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1780
    Great guide for burning video_ts files but the OP is burning an ISO file via the MDS file, he doesn't need to use "build" mode.

To the OP, this is really very simple. Rip with DVD Decrypter (ISO, MDS files), load the MDS file into ImgBurn (this will preserve the original layer break) and burn. The default settings in ImgBurn are fine, you don't need to change anything. Personally, I wouldn't burn DL DVD's any faster than 4X.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    bbanderic- Ok, great, thanks a lot. Sorry for all the stupid questions guys, but thanks for all your help!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by hiimbored
    bbanderic- Ok, great, thanks a lot. Sorry for all the stupid questions guys, but thanks for all your help!
    They're not stupid questions, you're new to DL burning, your concerns are understandable, we've all been there. Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hiimbored wrote"t0nee1- I already have an ISO, so I don't need to build the files in the VIDEO_TS."
    Sorry I missed that part.... so yes DVDD to read iso to HDD,then DVDD to write iso to blank disk,or better yet as bbanderic said IMGBurn......to burn......
    Quote Quote