VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I hope that I can explain this clearly.
    I have a motion menu that I had used to make a still of. It has Text on it that I had changed by using Photoshop. The Text changes colour when Selected to play. Viewing the buttons in PgcEdit shows a rectangle around each line of Text, (though when the button is Selected only each character changes colour). I saved the finished file as .bmp

The problem is now that when the menu is Played the highlight over each character is slightly off to one side therefore the lettering shows 2 colours when the button is selected. I assume that I hadn't put the characters back exactly to where they were originally. (I think that this would be near impossible to get it exactly correct).

Does anyone have suggestions on how to correct this either by fixing the highlight problem or by starting from scratch. (I have a background Still with audio, I need to put Text on it, then highlight the Text to show Selected, then put this all back into the Main Menu). The IFO's will change to reflect this I believe?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi-

As you've figured already, you can either change the position of the text so that it's directly over the underlying subpic, or change the underlying subpic so that it's directly under the text of your modified menu pic. You can extract the subpics using SubRip to rip them into BMPs, and as SST subs (which can later be muxed using Muxman). That's in case you want to take a stab at modifying the sub pics. Other than that, you can dismantle the menu and put it back together again in the DVD by following this guide:

https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=1606732#1606732

Personally, I think it would be easier to get the subpics, figure out exactly the x/y coordinates of the text in the menu, and then redo the text in your menu for those same coordinates and maybe font and size. That way you won't have to mess with modifying the subpics. If you can get the menu text relocated correctly, you can then use The Easy Way part of the guide, down at the bottom, to stick the modified pics back into your slightly off menu.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your suggestions. I went with SubRip to get the buttons. Using Photoshop I used the buttons layout as a semi-transparent overlay on my edited background bitmap and aligned the two together. Imported back into dvd with VobBlanker and Muxman. All good.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    An easier way would be to use VobBlanker or DVD Remake Pro to simply make a still. Guides on the site.

Regards
    Les
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I made a Still from the motion menu, I had to edit the button text, the problem that arose was that the button highlights when selected didn't quite overlap the stilled text image (character by character) after editing. I can't see that there was any other way of doing this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is. With DVDRMP or VobBlanker the aspect ratios will not change and there is no need to move the highlights. Give it a try.

Note: Editing the button text is fine so long as you leave it in the same position. If you move the position, you then need to move the highlights. You can use DVDSubEdit for this.

Regards
    Les
    Quote Quote