VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I demuxed an audio file (using rejig) and when I played it in foobar2000, the volume was very soft (barely audible) even though the vol control was at the max. Same with MPC.

But when I played the same ac3 file with KMPlayer, it started soft but then became loud.

Can someone explain to me this "strange" phenomenon?

I'm basically trying to increase the volume of this "vob" by following Soopafresh's tutorial and this post.

I'm still a newbie at this....

Thanks !

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sure, the Kmplayer was probably set to do auto gain or "auto normalization". Imagine Cruise Control for audio That's basically it, the program is set to monitor the output of the audio and keep it at the same level. Problem is, it creates that "breathing" effect you're probably hearing.

mpc has that ability:

foobar is more of the "Audiophile" player. The guys over at H.A. tend to be purists - a volume control is naughty. I use foobar to play mp3s all of the time, and the program is great at downmixing and converting audio to different formats. But I agree, not the loudest AC3 playback.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the explanation and mpc tip, soopafresh...
    Quote Quote