VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi folks

sorry probably a straightforward question and I have done a quick search around the sites.

Each week I am provided with an authored (I assume) DVD of a sporting game and I need to analyse the game and 'cut out' highlights and create either another DVD, or store on my hard drive to show to the players at a later point.

What would be the best software package to do this? I need to watch the DVD and cut small segments every few minutes to put togther a package.

Any assistance would be really appreciated

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MPEGStream Clip is good for cutting out segments and rejoinging segs you can export elementary streams for dvd authoring or straight mpegs depending on what authoring system you using.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    TMpgenc DVD AUthor, select add dvd video and choose the video_ts on the old dvd, use the built in editor, make a new dvd. Done.

And please read our guides: https://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?guideid=638&howtoselect=5;18#638
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks guys
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try Mpeg Video Wizard DVD. You can import DVD, cut and join with transition, if you wish, right there. Export file or make new DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi thanks again

what i found with TMPgenc is that it is almost perfect but i can cut selected information out that removes it from the file which I imagine would be great for removing unwanted information such as ads etc - however I want to keep what i cut as a separate clip and then join them together through a movie maker function.

As an example while watching the footage I want to grab a goal for example and then maybe a kick and then maybe another goal etc and then later group them and join them - so rather than removing the clips I want to retain them.

Does this make sense?

Any suggestions on software would be appreciated - maybe Mpeg Video Wizard
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can do what you want in TMPGEnc Xpress (If that is what you have) by cutting sections only, leaving what you want and than exporting. It will be DVD compliant file not DVD. You will need authoring software to make DVD.
    MPEG Video Wizard DVD will do. You can cut, join and export DVD with menu and burn.
    So will TMPGEnc DVD Author.
    Quote Quote