VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. I just produced a Spoof of 300 2 days ago. Now I'm trying to sell this spoof around school. I have sold 23 copies so far but more and more people are just starting to burn dvd's and give to almost everyone they know. This is really annoying because it took a lot of time and money into its production. Now my question is-

How can I protect my dvd from being copied. I googed DVD-Copy Protect and came to a webstie but it does not seem free. Is there any free ware that could do this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here we go again. At the top of this forum is this thread : https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=223640

The short answer is no, you cannot. The long answer contains lots of abuse and needless comment on the stupidity of copy protection and DRM in general.

Two questions you need to ask yourself.

1. Have I ever copied a commercial DVD, even one I own, knowing it is a breach of copyright to do so.

2. If all the money in Hollywood can't protect a DVD from being ripped, why do you think you can ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you figure out a way, let Hollywood know, would ya?

"This is really annoying because it took a lot of time and money into its production."

Does that mean you're giving the producers of the original '300' their cut?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Here we go again.

The first thing that popped into my mind the second i saw the title of this thread
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And you are waking up sleeping posts because . . . . ?

Do you work for Macrovision ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nope. But some people have actually asked me about this and I was never able to point then to a payable solution. I would not bother doing this with my videos (kind of useless), but I know a few that will feel happy if they are able to add some sort of copy protection.

One of these guys found one of these posts, and others probably will find them while searching for this topic.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    And you are waking up sleeping posts because . . . . ?

Do you work for Macrovision ?
    Not only sleeping post's.. but this one

Saw the title and thought... damn another one
    Then i scrolled down and saw what it was and was like, okay... who brought this back up

Originally Posted by ofbarea
    And that post is nothing more than a mere joke
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey there mate,

Many of my friends worked on the 300 and Animal Logic is just down the road from me, could you please supply me with your name and address? I am sure a few of their lawyers would love to meet you for a very informal chat...dickhead!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Many of my friends worked on the 300 and Animal Logic is just down the road from me, could you please supply me with your name and address? I am sure a few of their lawyers would love to meet you for a very informal chat...dickhead!
    Now, now. Language please. Parody is (one of the few things) still protected under copyright law fair use provisions. He did say it was a spoof.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote