VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I have made a DVD using Muxman. It contains neither menu nor chapters. Is it possible to insert menu and chapters without loosing the subtitles?
    Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi-

You should have created the chapters when muxing in Muxman by going File->Import Chapter. If this is from a retail DVD, get the celltimes.txt and use that. When done, open the original DVD in VobBlanker and use the "Replace" button to replace the original DVD with your reencoded one. That'll keep the original menus and also the subs.

If this is a DVD you created yourself from an AVI or other source and you want menus, and you don't have the Pro version of Muxman, then it's better that you use some other authoring program to author with menus. I use DVDAuthorGUI. Others prefer GUIForDVDAuthor. They'll require that the assets (video, audio, chapters, subs) be demuxed (I think).

I believe TDA accepts VOB input. There's a free trial available, although it's a commercial product. I don't know if it can create chapters without demuxing, but I doubt it. My guess is that it's going to demux in any event.
    Quote Quote